Thursday, January 28, 2010

day one hundred fifty-three.






Day One Hundred Fifty-three 1/28/2010 
Dress: Vintage Red/Maroon Floral Dress
Purchased From:  Circle Thrift 
Year or Era Purchased:  Winter 2010
Price: $5.00
Accessories:  light grey tights, reddish maroonish leg warmers, black boots, pirate ship necklace
Hair and Makeup: Down for most of the day but up in a messy ponytail for the photos, usual makeup with wine color lips 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: 
Day: 

This morning was really quite lovely.  Michael worked from home so I didn't get out of bed until almost 10AM.  I woke slowly and with kitty cuddles before finally setting feet on the ground.  I made myself coffee and showered since I was too tired to do so last night.  Before I knew it I had to leave for work.  Time gets away from me so easily.  I wonder if it's because I'm too slow, too preoccupied or so over being a dog walker that I self sabotage my schedule.  It's not that I hate dog walking. There are certainly fabulous aspects of it but I'm ready for my dare to be great situation.  Maybe that's why I'm obsessing on school.  I think it's a way to channel myself into something positive and productive.   JD Salinger died today.  That makes me sad.  I haven't read his works since I was a teenager and I think it's certainly time to revisit them.  I was walking around the student bookstore at CCP last week and saw a copy of The Catcher in the Rye and thought to myself that would be sort of awesome to study in a classroom setting.  I remember loving his books but to be quite honest I don't remember much about them.  I feel that way with a lot of books I've read.  I guess that's why I enjoy rereading so much.    I'll have to add reading good quality books to my getting shit done in o' ten list.  

Today's dress was purchased yesterday at Circle Thrift.  It's sort of hippie/bohemian for me but I like it.  It's vintage, which automatically makes me love it more.  It was quite cold today so I paired it with some rad leg warmers and my beat up faux suede boots.  For the part of the day I could keep up with it I wore some dark lipstick.  My lips are really too small for dark lipstick but I love it so much I don't care.  I spent most of my day working and then came home and straightened up the house a bit.  We're having people over tomorrow night to watch the season premiere of Kitchen Nightmares since Kristin and I were interviewed for the Hot Potato Cafe episode.  Let's hope we didn't end up on the cutting room floor.  Even if we did it was pretty bad ass meeting Gordon Ramsay.  He was super nice but wore dorky sneakers with an otherwise nice looking ensemble. Watch it tomorrow night on Fox at 9PM! Look for Kristin and I talking about why we've never eaten at Hot Potato.  If we didn't make it on watch it anyway because that show rules.  

We went to dinner at New Delhi in West Philly with Orsborn and Sam.  It was nice and I managed to not fat myself into an Indian food coma.  This is probably because they didn't have saag paneer or malai kofta.   After I made Orsborn take me to the Foodery for some fancy beer purchasing.  I really like to have a beer, usually just one, every now and again, more now than again, lately.  I never understood the lure until I tasted one I loved.  

We came home and played a little Mario but I'm too tired and my mind is all over the place for some reason so I couldn't sit still.  I kind of want to just go crawl into bed and since it's 12:13 I think that's acceptable.  Good night. 




4 comments:

Mom said...

Love the fur collar. The dress and hairdo are cute too.

jenna said...

I agree that the fur collar and complementary leg warmers are very nice.

Catcher in the Rye was actually my least favorite Salinger story - I guess it's good for any author to have a book so widely read and discussed, but it's too bad that his better stuff is barely known.

Sorry about your Easter kitty :(

Anonymous said...

My girlfriends cousin runs Hot Potato Cafe!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry-don't have an account. That comment above is from Amy-Matt's wife. :)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com