Tuesday, July 13, 2010

day three hundred thirteen.

Day Three Hundred Thirteen Thursday 7/8/10
Dress:  BlueishGreen Vintage Dress
Purchased From:  On the street in Olde City- 3rd street near Arch to be exact
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $15.00

Accessories:  blue sandals, white butterfly kiddie hair clip
Hair and Makeup: Ponytail and usual makeup with some blueish eyeshadows
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: A client complimented my dress 

I bought this dress on first friday in Olde City.  I had to drop off Michael at Spare Parts so he could pick up his motorcycle and I walked over to Top Stitch to maybe buy this bow ring I've been eyeing.  I didn't love it as much as I did the first time so I didn't get it- so interesting, I know.  As I was walking back I noticed a girl selling dresses and other fun wares on the street.  This dress is one of my favorite colors- it's actually more blue than pictured here but I played with the fade color option a bit.  It drew me in, I threw it on over my dress and it fit so I bought it.  She was really nice and said she just moved to Fishtown.  Now I sort of wish I had gotten her name to mention her or given her the card I usually carry with this blog address on it.  I guess I'll just leave it at thanks first friday dress seller girl.  

Thursday we woke up and had to leave Atlantic City, boohoo.  I stayed up late reading and we woke up around 9:30 or so which left me tired throughout the day.  We got ready and packed and checked out around 11:10am.  At 11:45am  we finally got our car from the stupid Chelsea hotel valet dummies.  After twenty minutes of waiting and watching as everyone in front of us and some behind us got their cars I finally asked the guy what was up.  He totally gave me attitude, asking if I had given anyone my ticket.  He also didn't believe I'd been waiting for twenty minutes.  Blargh.  Another guest had the same issue, which I mentioned.  Somehow our tickets were never processed.  So even though I woke up on time, got ready in time, checked out of the hotel fifty minutes early so I could drive home and immediately start working I ended up an hour late for work. Thanks douchebags.  I totally called the hotel the next day and had them reverse the $40 parking fee.  I also told the hovering valet driver we would have tipped him had he brought our car down in a timely manner.  Forty-five minutes does not a tip earn sir.  Duh.  I also may or may not have shouted tip- to insure promptness as I pulled out of that awful parking garage.  I loved the hotel but if we ever go back we are soooo parking at the Tropicana.  I'd suggest you do the same.  

We finally got home close to 1:30 and I worked the rest of the day.  Thankfully our vacation spanned the one hundred degree Philly days and it was only in the nineties.  It was not so much a good day back to work as I found a baby bird with what I think was a broken leg squawking on the sidewalk. I picked it up and took it with me and then later in the day googled what to do and it said to leave it where it was to see if its mom would take it back into the nest.  Apparently sometimes this can take awhile.  I took it back to where I found it and put it in some mulch by a tree.  If I had to guess I'd say the bird didn't make it.  I felt like such a jerk for leaving it there.  I still feel like a jerk.  I should've just driven the damn thing to the wildlife refuge and dealt with the traffic but I was being a big baby.  Sorry bird. 

After work I came home and read a bit, made dinner of pan seared tofu with a corn relish from the Horizon's cookbook and served it with rice and green beans.  We watched a little dvr action and then I finished the third Sookie Stackhouse book and started the fourth.  So cheesy, so good, so addicting.  Still, sorry bird. 


designed by suckmylolly.com