Monday, September 7, 2009

day ten.







Day Ten 9/7/2009
Dress: Red and White Gingham Shirt Dress
Purchased From: Kmart
Year or Era Purchased: Sometime around 2000/2001
Price: $? It's Kmart so I'm guessing under $15.
Accessories: Still forming giant pimple chin
Hair and Makeup: Braids and crazy, not much makeup, there isn't enough in the world to cover this second head growing on my chin. I'm 31 people. Ugh.
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Someone said they liked it but I don't remember
Day: I can't remember the last time I wore this dress. I like it a lot though. It's not the most flattering dress but it's damn comfortable. I didn't put it on until 5pm and I just grabbed a few dresses that I don't exactly love to death since I'd only be wearing it for a few hours. Turns out I like this one more than I thought. I couldn't remember anything about it though so I checked the tag, Route 66. Know what that means? Kmart! I worked next to a Kmart in 2000-2002 in Wayne, PA so I can only guess it's from that era. I think I used to wear it with a studded belt but I wasn't feeling that today and let it hang it all its shirt dress no shape glory.

The reason I spent most of my day in my pajamas is that somehow the stars aligned and Michael and I both wanted to clean today. That is of course after we realized what a shit day it was and that we couldn't go tubing. Boo! I spent a large amount of time cleaning the kitchen and living room while Michael worked on our basement. I'm totally not into our basement because it houses a lot of spiders and a lot of junk that we never unpacked 3 1/2 years ago when we moved here. He consolidated a lot of boxes and made me go through a box of random crap that must have been a last minute box because it had dirty socks, travel shampoo, jewelry, and lots of other ridiculous stuff. I threw away most of it. Clearly I have problems.

After hours of cleaning we ventured over to Kelly and Rica's house for Kelly's Labor Day BBQ. I drank wine, had some good conversation and ate some lovely foods including a rad apple crisp that Kelly makes. Mmmmm. The food and wine exhausted me immediately.

When we got home Michael decided to go through a tub of stuff from his childhood that his Mom gave him a while back. It housed a piece of art from his childhood. He was years ahead of Napoleon Dynamite as he created the Lepdojay, a leopard, dog and blue jay mix. Oh my god! So good.


And now is the time on sprockets where we shower and go to bed. Lovesbyes.

1 comments:

HeadlessMonster said...

Can't really see this Pepto dress. LIGHTING!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com