Sunday, September 27, 2009

day thirty.












Day Thirty 9/27/2009

Dress: Grey Shirt Dress

Purchased From: New York & Co.

Year or Era Purchased: Late Winter 2007

Price: $15

Accessories: Baby Blue Rain Boots for some of the day, black flats for the rest, black tights

Hair and Makeup:  absolutely zero makeup today in an attempt to get my skin all clear for France, hair pulled back into a bun = lazy day. 

Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Spano said he liked my outfit and then said he really did actually like it and wasn't just saying that for a mention.  

Day: I slept late and didn't feel bad about it, always a good way to start the day.   I got dressed and it was raining so I threw on my new rain boots.  I really want Hunter Wellies in green or navy blue but since these boots were on clearance for $4.98 at Target and Wellies cost over $100 I went with the Target boots.  They are my favorite color after all.  Later in the day I did some laundry, made some samiches, took care of a cat and said goodbye to my dog guest, Rosie.  My mommy-in-law came down and hung out with Michael and then we all met up with Spano and Jody to go get ice cream at the Music Fountain Cafe.  I got coffee ice cream with hot fudge.  Mmmmm.  I then went to Target to get some last minute items so I can began to pack, which I still have not done.  I have made my packing list though so I'm in pretty good shape.  I also have my preliminary dress selection done and washed all of my new vintage dresses but since I use fragrance free detergent they're still a little musty.  Oh well. Maybe I'll throw a dryer sheet or two into the suitcase.  I still have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow like get prescriptions for me and my kitty, research more awesomeness to see and do in France, make lists of stuff for people to do while we're gone and pack my face off.  Should be tons of fun.  I came home from Target with a few extra things like the book Into the Wild and a new pair of thigh highs, is it 1992 again? Weee. That was a fad I never hated on, so glad they're back!  


Today's dress is really a shirt and I know that but it doesn't stop me from wearing it as a dress.  When I bought it my booty was a good bit smaller than it is now and it was much easier to get away with it as a dress than it was today but hey, I had to do it at some point.  I totally could've chosen today to pull the jeans under a dress thing but I thought that would be cheating so thick tights it was.  It's from New York & Co. in the King of Prussia Mall.  I love that store so much even though it doesn't scream Abby.  I think it's like raiding a friends closet when I go there,  something different.  It sort of feels like playing dress up.  I have the same shirt, er, dress, er, shirt dress in white too so expect to see that in the upcoming days.  I can't believe today is my one month bloggy anniversary.  I'm a proud Mommy! 


Michael really wants to go to see Le Palais Idéal (the "Ideal Palace"), which happens to be near Lyon, which happens to have an amazing vegetarian restaurant so now we are going to drive to see an amazing dream that became a reality  and then go eat awesome foods.  I'm so excited! 


Now I have to go fold socks, one of my least favorite things to do in the whole world.  I found a milk crate full of socks in the basement a few months ago, that's why I had so many mismatches.  Who puts socks in a milk crate, seriously! 

1 comments:

HeadlessMonster said...

Classy and sassy.

Cute mini green room too!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com