Wednesday, October 21, 2009

day fifty-four.






Day Fifty-four 10/21/2009
Dress: Rainbow Striped Sundress
Purchased From: H&M
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2008
Price: $12
Accessories: Black tights and cardigan,black boots
Hair and Makeup: Low bun with bangs, almost no makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael was a big fan of the dress
Day: 



First off, woot, yay Phillies.  Please don't flip any of my friend's cars this year.  It was like 75 degrees today.  Seriously, last week I was wearing my winter coat and today I'm struggling to figure out which lightweight dress I can wear.  I am in Fall fashion mode now so it was pretty hard and I changed like five times before settling on today's dress.  I don't really love it so much but it is super comfortable and pairing it with lots of black made me accept it as the dress of day fifty-four.  I was sort of in a hurry to start work today so I pulled my wet from the shower hair back into a bun, threw on a little bit of makeup and headed out to work.   I worked a bunch, grocery shopped and then picked up this little dog dude Wally to stay with me for a few days.  He's a six month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  So far he loves the cats but it is certainly unrequited.  I didn't like any of today's pictures as a whole but I also didn't care enough to keep taking any.  I blame it on my eyeliner addiction and apparent inability to smile in pictures anymore.  I'll have to brush up on my America's Next Top Model. 


I made a pit stop today at the bakery that opened on my street, literally like 1/2 a block from my house. This terrified me at first to have access to sweets so close but after today's visit I don't think I'll be a regular customer.   It's more of a home base for the actual baking of custom orders with only cupcakes sold to the public.  Not that I don't like cupcakes, I was just hoping for a better selection.  Today was opening day so I guess I should cut them some slack but when I asked if there would be more selection the owner told me, "maybe cookies."  I would definitely use them if I ever needed a badass cake or cookie set but as my local bakery, nay.  I bought six cupcakes today, three to give as a good-bye gift and three for home. I still haven't eaten any of them so I can't give my full report just yet, an update should be in tomorrow's blog after I snarf one down.  I'm now looking forward to Sunday's opening of Bella Sera Cafe and their vegan menu.  Mmmmm. 


I got home from work in time to pick up Michael from the train and then we walked his bike over to Volpe Cycles so he can get his tire blow out fixed and get parts for future blow outs and some other bike stuff I didn't understand exactly.  I then made a scrumptious dinner of Field Roast "Meatloaf", leftover mac n' cheese that I modified into smoked mozzarella mac n' cheese by making a sauce and re-baking it, sauteed rainbow swiss chard, biscuits, and roasted asparagus.  It was so yummy and badass but I forgot to leave room for my cupcake.  There's always tomorrow.   We watched the game while we ate and then Michael totally fell asleep and I watched it alone, well I had Wally with me and he has a Phillies collar so not totally alone.  I am exhausted now and must retire to sleep.  Tomorrow is my friend Kristin's birthday so I will have to pick out a super fun dress since we'll be have dinner and drinks to celebrate her birth.  Boosh! Phillies! Goodnight! 



4 comments:

HeadlessMonster said...

Okay, so this is the 100 Days of Dresses blog right? So how about posting pictures where you can actually see the dress? How about that? What an idea!

Looks like something my mom wore in like '82 during her macrame phase.

Abigail said...

Do you read these or just look at the pictures?

HeadlessMonster said...

Pretty pics.

Too many words.

Abigail said...

you're too many words.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com