Wednesday, October 7, 2009

day thirty-nine text


I don't know why it's doing this. I've been attaching the stupid text. Blargh.

Day thirty-nine 10/6/2009
Dress:  Yellow Daisy Baby Doll Dress
Purchased From: Forever 21
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2009
Price: $14.50
Accessories: blue sandals, Kurt Halsey necklace
Hair and Makeup: curled hair, one side up, no makeup during the day, tons at night
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael liked my hair and said my eyes were especially blue.
Day: Started out as bliss! We slept late even with good intentions and a set alarm clock. We lazed about on the balcony for hours enjoying our books and the sunshine. I made us breakfast of fried eggs, smoked cheddar, chocolate croissants with raspberry preserves, baguette toast and mimosas/bellinis.

The day could have been perfect but instead I got into a fight with the Mediterranean Sea and lost.  I am not especially graceful or adept at exiting seas and oceans, especially when the beaches consist of rocks in various shapes and sizes. Entering the sea was hard enough with small waves pummeling our feet and ankles with rocks. I gripped Michael's hand and whined a lot. Once we were far enough into the gorgeous blue water swimming proved to be a lot of fun. The water was extremely salty and helped us to float well.  Swam in the Mediterranean, scratch that off the list. 



Once our fun was had it was time for the brutal exit, and brutal it was. Michael warned me we must exit fast and not get caught up in the breaking waves, much easier said than done. I somehow managed to trip over his foot and splay myself out directly into the wrath of the sea. Wave after wave toppled over me, smashing my elbow into a rock and revealing my superior right breast (the slighter bigger one, yeah) to the entire beach, twice.  Michael tried to pick me up several times but I was like a tragic beached whale.  Eventually he was able to grab me up and we trudged up the dry rocks, me hanging on for dear life, my hair twisted around my face that was now wet with both salty sea and salty tears. Once I regained my composure after sobbing on my towel a bit I started to realize the hilarity of it all. I am sure it was a sight to see and had I watched the horrific exit attempt that seemed to take days but really probably added up to a minute I may have found some humor in it. Afterall people falling is almost always funny. I felt like a horribly amazing chapter from Bridget Jones's Diary. I have a lovely elbow bruise but my pride is already healing nicely.

After our good and bad experience we continued reading and I finished Dead Until Dark. I am officially hooked. We headed out in search of  dinner and creme brûlée since we had gelato dessert last night. Michael had amaretto, I had nutella. Mmmmmm!

We ate in a large square at campo caffee and shared a carafe of red wine, pizza and ravioli in pesto creme sauce. The food here is wickedly Italian inspired and the pizza is amazing. We also finally fulfilled our quest for creme brûlée, a first for both of us. It was good, just good.

Today's dress was good for the beach and reminds me of the original 90210 series for some reason. It's a similar shape to my bathing suit so it covered it well for our walk to the beach. Later in the evening I paired it with a cardigan so I wouldn't freeze at dinner.

Even though a sliver of my day was mortifying and terrifying it was still quite lovely and I wouldn't trade it for any other day.

Oh and I totally watched a rollerblader fall while we were eating dinner. Ha!
 

1 comments:

Admin said...

Ok, so once I knew you were ok. I laughed. A good bit. I'm sorry you were terrified, I would have been the same way. Glad things turned out alright. :o)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com