Wednesday, January 27, 2010

day one hundred fifty-two.

Blurry but still my favorite of today's batch.

Day One Hundred Fifty-two 1/27/2010 
Dress: Red Plaid Flannel Dress
Purchased From:  Port Richmond Super Thrift 
Year or Era Purchased:  Winter 2010
Price: $3.95
Accessories:  black tights, black leg warmers, black and orange snow boots, squirrel necklace, black belt
Hair and Makeup: Pigtails for part of the day, down for the rest, usual makeup with red lipstick for some 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael


Fucking hell.  I've been on hold with Comcast for one hour and twenty-eight minutes.  At this point I'm just doing it out of habit.  Ugh.

Sorry for the lame update yesterday.   I was exhausted for no good reason really. I woke up at 6AM to take Michael to the train for his DC work jaunt but I went back to sleep for three hours when I came home.  Yesterday was a huge disappointment.  I found out that I am unable to attend school this semester even though I already attended a class, met with an advisor and bought books.  I'm so glad all of the people I spoke with last week clued me in on the fact that I wouldn't be eligible for classes this semester.  Oh bother.  I was super excited too.  When I called to inquire why I couldn't attend this semester and plead my case the first woman I talked to told me the school was "full". I corrected her and told her that wasn't true at all since the class I attended had 11 open slots. She got super pissy with me, told me to hold on and transferred me to a voicemail.  Awesome.  After I finally spoke to an intelligent, though still mean, woman she informed me the problem was just the time needed to process my application and transcripts.  She definitely made it a point to tell me it was my fault about three times.  Thanks.

Since I knew school was no longer in my plan for the day I decided to use the extra time to get shit done.  I took a trip to the post office, and stopped at the jewelers to get my wedding rings resized since they're a tad small and causing eczema when soap and grossness get trapped under them.  I was very proud of my errands.  I also worked a really long day and came home and made a super yummy dinner of veggie chicken, pan fried walnuts and kale and truffled mashed potatoes.  Yum.  Michael and both fell asleep on the couch and after waking I just couldn't bring myself to write a blog.  

Today's dress is once again probably a nightgown but I don't care.  I love the red plaid.  It's quite comfortable.  It had belt loops on the sides so I added a black cotton belt from another dress.  Turns out it was way colder today than I thought it would be and this nightgown dress is a bit thinner than I thought it was.  Oh well.  I am so wearing it to bed tonight.  

I had a fine day, way less productive than yesterday but fine.  I took Michael to work and then stopped at Circle Thrift on the way home.  I got some amazing and weird blue snow/moon type boots that I'm super excited to wear.  I also got a few dresses and some cute shirts. Lots of my stuff was orange tagged, half off.  I love Circle Thrift.  I need to yelp them. I came home and did lots of dishes while calling Comcast to complain that one of our boxes wasn't working.  We get free cable since Michael works there and in December decided to upgrade a box to dvr/hd.  We get charged for this service but it's still discounted. Since we switched the box our bills never changed from $0 like they should have.  Someone forgot to update our account, which automatically made it so one our boxes wasn't activated and kept shutting off.  Had I never called to get the box (that resides in the kitchen and gets little use) fixed we would never have paid for the dvr/hd box.  Blargh.  All so I can listen to tv while I cook and do the dishes.  I spent the rest of the day doing boring stuff.  I worked and went to the gym with a quick stop at the grocery store.  I came home and started on dinner and that's when my Comcast debacle began.   The brilliant tech that helped me earlier somehow turned off one box while activating another.  

Ok so after two hours of being on hold with Comcast I hung up and called back and voila two minutes later I had an operator.  ARGH! This makes me want to hurt someone.  We finally ate dinner (twice baked potatoes, veggie ribs, leftover kale and broccoli with almonds and lemon butter) and watched the State of the Union address.  After dinner we played some Mario and drank a little wine.  I got a headache, which I'm sure was my body's way of reminding me not to drink too much.  Now I'm off for a shower and bed.   I hope I don't dream of stupid Comcast.  


ComcastCares1 said...

Hi Abigail,

Nice blog, nice dresses! :) Sorry to learn about the long hold time. What was the number you dialed? I work for Comcast and I wanted to let my contacts know about this. I just wanted to prevent this from happening again in the future. Also, if you can let me know the phone number on the account, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
Comcast Customer Operations

designed by