Saturday, January 16, 2010

day one hundred forty-one.




  

Pocket mean lady, no pockets a little less mean lady. I couldn't decide.




Day One Hundred Forty-one 1/16/2010
Dress: Navy Blue Pocketed Dress
Purchased From:  Conway
Year or Era Purchased:  Winter 2009
Price: $9.99
Accessories: purple houndstooth tights, black heels and later black boots, purple crocheted hair bow
Hair and Makeup:  clean! and curled a bit, usual makeup 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Katy and Sue and MIchael liked my tights. I do too. They're fun! 



It's Michael's birthday weekend so I'm writing this one early, especially since I totally failed on yesterday's entry.  Sorry.  I was just exhausted and cranky last night.  Yesterday was the start of Michael's birthday weekend so it was nerd night at Spano and Jody's.  We made six pizzas and watched District 9 and Moon.  I slept sort of uncomfortably through Moon as my eye makeup started to itch and annoy me.  Stupid glittery eye shadow.   Plus I ate way too much pizza, something I tend to do if pizza is near me.   


 I slept late today and woke up so I could make coffee for Michael as he was going to go skateboard for the day.  As  I was having my coffee and internets (I don't smoke anymore so I can't say coffee and cigarettes but I think coffee and internets has a nice ring to it) I traveled to my usual favorite websites and found that a review I wrote of Body Restorations was the review of the day on Yelp.com.  I was pretty psyched about that I must say.   I also took some internet time to research graduate programs and found one at Temple for English/Creative Writing and I think I'm going to apply but to do so I'm thinking about taking the Creative Writing certificate program at CCP so I can get some experience, recommendation letters, new writing samples and general back-to-schooliness.  See how good I am at writing, I make up new words, that's how good.   I just hope it's not too late to get into that program since classes start this week.  I'll find out on Tuesday I suppose.  Cross your fingers.   


I spent the rest of the day cleaning the kitchen a little and made a sandwich and tried to get myself to the gym but I self sabotaged and only had time for the cat job I had. Oh bother.  Hopefully tomorrow.   We had an early reservation for Horizon's, the vegan gourmet restaurant, and my hair was very dirty.  I finally washed it did it up and got dressed for the evening.  Today's dress is a new one from Conway, as are the tights.  I like the dress because it's simple and it has pockets, which makes it sort of the perfect vessel for these crazy and amazing tights.  For dinner I wore heels but we're going to see Blood Feathers at Johnny Brenda's tonight so I'll switch to boots for that.  Heels and shows are no good, even mellower shows.  


So Michael, Sue, Jake, Katy, Drew and I went to a lovely dinner at Horizon's and we bitched about the food most of our meal.  I can never go there without bitching as I've been a Horizon's customer since they resided in Willow Grove and provided you with much larger, less pretentious portions of food.  I'll probably never stop going but I'll keep bitching too.  Michael and I shared two entrees- the Grilled Seitan Steak, our favorite and we also tried the Stuffed Delicata Squash which turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.  Oh well.  Most of the food was a little bland tonight, not usual for Horizon's.  I hope it was just an off night.  Afterwards we stumbled upon this amazing graffiti, maybe the best I've seen since the block of cheese tag I saw in Montreal.  I thought it was a good photo op. 








I must go get ready for the show now and I don't want to have to worry about this when I get home so I will write all about it tomorrow.  

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com