Monday, February 15, 2010

day one hundred seventy-one.





Day One Hundred Seventy-one 2/15/10 
Dress: Vintage Maroon Sears Dress

Purchased From: Circle Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $5.00
Accessories: Amazing Drawstring Neck Cowl by Rachel Turanski of Off The Chain Designs, hunters, striped socks, black tights
Hair and Makeup: leftover fancy hair pinned up with weird bangs, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael called me matronly and a librarian.

Day: 


I got this dress at Circle Thrift last week on Thursday.  I was killing time until Michael's train came so I could pick him up.  Lately I can go there once a week and get at least one dress.  Love it.  The neck cowl was purchased on Saturday and I am in love with it.  It kept me warm and toasty all day and I think it looks awesome.  


Today was back to work.  I was actually not terribly late for most of my jobs, though traffic was still a hot mess because of icy, crappy roads.  I love watching the news and hearing about how the Mayor is pretty happy with the city's snow removal.  He should probably drive around the city a little bit because I am pretty sure that the snow/ice melting on its own doesn't actually fall into the category of snow removal.    I finally made it to the gym today after at least two weeks of neglect.  I'm back on the diet train with hopes of 20lbs. by late June.  That'd be swell.  For dinner I made a low calorie, tasty, pretty meal of a naked Quorn cutlet with roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes over sauteed kale with crumble feta cheese, a box tomato basil risotto and a spinach salad.  It was pretty tasty.  My body is not used to the gym so I totally took a power nap after dinner, maybe not the best idea.  I'm still tired so I think I'll shower and maybe rag curl my hair and get myself to bed at a reasonable time.  


I suppose I should detail our disastrous ravioli valentine's dinner but I just don't feel like it.  It involved dropping a lot of stuff on the floor, including an entire box of cheerios, and a few tears.  I don't think we'll be attempting pasta from scratch anytime soon, or at least not on any holiday.  



0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com