Saturday, March 6, 2010

day one hundred eighty-nine.




Day One Hundred Eighty-nine 3/6/10 
Dress: Striped Sweater Dress
Purchased From: Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $3.95
Accessories: Red cardigan, black tights, black extra high top sneakers, red socks
Hair and Makeup: braids, some down, mess, usual makeup with red lipstick
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: A client said I looked like a leprechaun in my green coat.  She was drunk.
Day: 


I only wore this dress to work, which is sort of funny since it's not exactly the most work appropriate for dog walking but whatever.  It was comfy but a little tight and though my diet is slowly working this dress would be better off if I shed another ten pounds, specifically belly weight.  Clearly I should've sucked in a little harder for this picture.   It was dry enough yesterday that I could wear what are quite possibly my favorite shoes ever.  I wore them so much they have holes in the bottom of them. I got them for like $10 years ago and I wish I'd bought ten pairs.  They're extra high black on black sneakers with zippers on the sides for easy access.  They used to have cute side buckles but they broke so I cut them off.   After working I stopped at Circle Thrift and got three new dresses.  I stood in line for the dressing room forever.  Some girl was prancing around barefoot and trying on the whole store.  Ladies, if you're not super fast at changing don't take four hundred items into the dressing room with you at a thrift store with one dressing room.  She finally emerged and I tried on my stash.  I held a silver long vintage gown but alas it was too small for me.  Grr.  I probably should've bought it anyway and resold it but I already have too many tiny cute vintage dresses taunting me from my dress rack. I certainly don't need more.  I picked up Michael from the train and we headed home for primer coat number two.  I changed into my paint clothes again and we got going.  Several hours later we stopped, I made us sandwiches and we ate and fell asleep on the couch.  So exciting for a Friday night! 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com