Saturday, March 13, 2010

day one hundred ninety-five and day one hundred ninety-six.





Day One Hundred Ninety-five 3/11/10 
Dress: Vintage Red Striped Dress
Purchased From: Decades Vintage
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $10.00
Accessories: red tights, white knee socks, hunter wellies 
Hair and Makeup: Blow dried straight, sometimes pulled back, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael complimented my dress, I also got a hair compliment. 
Day: 


I like this dress on but it photographs fat, the belt was bulky so I nixed it and the neckline was so high it felt like it was choking me for most of the day.  The buttons weren't functional so I couldn't even loosen it.  


Everyday I've been doing a little bit of cleaning and organizing to get our house back into shape since the under construction/loss of a closet has pushed us even further into the oblivion of pack rattiness and disarray.  I'm taking it back, slowly.  I worked on my desk area yesterday (yeah, yeah, I've beens slacking on proper daily postings) for almost an hour.  In the process I found a few things, consolidated, threw away and organized.  I also, as usual, questioned some of my collections and purchases.  I then of course was late for work as I got wrapped up in my cleaning and side tracked by a bunch of other things.  I finally got myself out the door and worked a long day.  I picked up a doggie to bring home for boarding, went to the grocery store and made and ate copious amounts of veggie tacos while watching Criminal MInds.  I then joined my friend Kelly to go see something regarding a baby shower but the Mommy-to-be is a reader so I'll keep that my keyboard silent for a bit on that subject.  It was really nice and I'll be sure to reference it after the shower.  It was a neat night, different from usual and I spent the last of it cleaning my living room- two rooms in one day felt good.  I watched dvr'd shows while dusting and straightening until my back couldn't take anymore and I headed for bed. Even with the dress bothers it was a good day. 




If I had the energy right now I'd photoshop a cat head over my face here. It's bugging me in this picture a whole lot, but I'm not fast enough at Photoshop.  Boo. 





Day One Hundred Ninety-six 3/12/10 
Dress: Black and White Striped Sun Dress
Purchased From: Old Navy
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $20.00
Accessories: jeans, hunter wellies, mustard yellow cardigan, red apple pattern hat during the day
Hair and Makeup: Low pigtails during the day, curled and down at night, usual makeup w/ extra black eyestuff
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  
Day: 



I love this dress. I think I might go get it in one of the other colors as it's currently at Old Navy and on sale.  The ease of wear, pattern and style all scream my name from the hanger at the store.  The sleeves are small ruffles, hidden by the cardigan and they give it a girly feel.  It was too cold and rainy for all that today so I covered it with a cardigan, slapped on  a hat and my rain boots and called it an outfit.  I sort of wish I had saved this for a warmer day.  Oh well. 


I'm so tired now.  I woke up at 7:30AM for a doggie drop off (two doggie friends this weekend) and didn't go back to sleep and it's 1:58AM now.  I worked, went to the gym, made dinner, had a date night with some free sixers tickets and then snuggled on the couch to Band of Brothers episodes.  I must sleep now.  Tomorrow is a day of floor sanding/cleaning.  Fun. 

2 comments:

LaToya said...

Hi! Just came across your blog! I thought I had alot of dresses! It's so nice to see you show your off! Do you want to exchange links?

http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

I am totally impressed you're still going! I am envious of all your dresses, too. :)

And I hear you about major house changes. Ours is a mess, too, though at least yours makes for great photo ops!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com