Tuesday, March 9, 2010

day one hundred ninety-three.


a

Day One Hundred Ninety-three 3/9/10 
Dress: Dark Blue Dress (Factory worker style?)
Purchased From: Circle Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $5.00
Accessories: jeans, It's From the Sky pin, green flats, hair bow by Off the Chains Designs
Hair and Makeup: varied but always with the hair bow, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: My friend Becky liked the hair bow :) 
Day: 


This is one of those dresses that I liked better in the dressing room.  I feel like I should work on a line in a cereal factory in it.  Oh well.  It was comfy and I wore a cute spring coat all day since it was gorgeous weather wise in Philadelphia.  I also got to rock out sockless flats.  Swoon.  My feet smell awesome now too. 


That whole thinking positive thing totally worked out for me today. I fixed the problem that I found yesterday, opened my mailbox to find a $300 check from the government, apparently my stimulus check from either 2007 or 2008.  Awesome. Because of that check I was a little bad and bought two non-thrift store dresses.   I got one at Old Navy and one at Target.  The Old Navy one is cute and spring/summery and stripey, a pattern I have not been able to get out my system since it was skater fashion in 1993.  I always find myself drawn to them.  If I was ever on what not to wear they'd be yelling at me on the observation camera to stay away from the stripes.  I won't. I'm wearing a striped night shirt now.  Yeah, take that Stacey and Clinton.  The other dress is a modernized 50's fancy house dress, in black and white polka dots.  It's kind of a grown up dress and I got it on clearance for $20.  Happy. 


The day was good- work, a few shopping stops, drinks at KFN for Jake's birthday, dinner with Sue and Jake at Cantina, then home for some Lost action.  I can't wait to rewatch this whole season again in one weekend, that's the best way to do it. 


I'm excited for tomorrow. Positive thoughts and hopes for more random checks in the mail. 

1 comments:

LaToya said...

I like your hair like this! I wish I looked that good with a bow in mine!

http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

 
designed by suckmylolly.com