Tuesday, April 6, 2010

day two hundred nineteen.






Day Two Hundred Nineteen 4/4/10 
Dress: Pink Floral Kimono Sleeve Dress
Purchased From: Target
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $12.97
Accessories: White flower hair clip, birds nest/egg necklace, black heels
Hair and Makeup: Down and curled with a hair clip, pulled back into a low bun for some of the day, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Lots of family members liked my dress and flower hair clip


Easter!  It feels like just yesterday I was typing Merry Christmas.  Somehow Michael and I both forgot to set alarms and slept in super late.  We were supposed to be in the burbs around 11 but we woke up at 10:40.  Oops.  We hurriedly got ready and headed out to the burbs for an Easter egg hunt, yes you read that correctly.  Every year Michael and his sister (32, and 26 respectively) participate in an Easter egg hunt.  Colie's (Michael's sister) boyfriend and I have recently started to participate in the shennanigans.  I used to think it was a little crazy but now I just feel like I'm partaking in a scene from a Wes Anderson movie.  I lost, but at least I beat Mike, Colie's boyfriend, as I have one more year experience on him.  Since my birthday is this week I got Easter and birthday presents, pretty rad.  For Easter my mother-in-law gave me a metal bird wall hook and for my birthday the Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay set.  Amazing!




After the hunt I spent some time cooking for the Klotz family Easter appetizer dinner.  Most of it went well but I tried to make fried soyrizo dumplings and lost half of them to the bottom of a frying pan.  Blargh.  I attempted zen and mostly succeeded.  I'm trying.   We then headed to my Mom and Dads for our second stop on the Easter express.  Again I was bratty and got birthday and Easter gifts.  My Mom gave me a copy of Alice, an amazing tray filled with sweet goodies that reminded me of something you'd see in a catalog or magazine.   It's a light greenish tray with middle handle and in it was a crystal dish filled with fake bird eggs and feathers and a little nest, a beautiful blue and floral hangable plate, a brass or bronze squirrel and babies, a bunny figurine and an amazing black vintage hat.   She also gave us an awesome rug that will go perfectly in our new turquoise bathroom.  It was a pretty good day gift wise.  We gave the Moms rose plants and their own Easter baskets.  We had dinner and hung out a bit and then headed to see my 93.75 year old grandmother.  We sat with her for almost two hours talking and listening to stories. It was lovely.  We then headed to our final destination and enjoyed Easter appetizers aplenty.  

I got my Easter dress on the Target clearance rack, a place I'm quite familiar with.  It was loose and comfortable and girly, perfect for Easter.  It was unseasonably hot for Easter so I went sans tights and rocked my super comfy heels.  

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com