Tuesday, April 27, 2010

day two hundred thirty-nine.




Day Two Hundred Thirty-nine 4/24/10
Dress:  Black Sheath Dress w/ Pockets!
Purchased From: Circle Thrift (but it's a Target/Merona dress)
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $5
Accessories:  Black tights, black and cream maryjane heels, 
Hair and Makeup:  Curled with hot rollers, rolled bangs, usual makeup with extra fun blue eyeshadow 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Several dress and shoe and hair compliments from my lovely friends



I woke up late on Saturday as I did indeed have a little bit too much to drink on Friday night.  Around 11 I rolled out of bed but didn't get going much until almost three when I left the house for a cat job.  I came home and got ready for dinner at Horizon's with a group of friends.  I got this dress at Circle Thrift but I was first privy to it at Target a few months ago.   Someone must have donated recently.  I believe it sold for either $29.99 or $34.99.  I got it for $5.  I paired it with black tights and one of my most expensive pairs of shoes, a pair of Steven Madden maryjanes that I purchased for $40 at DSW.  I was enamored with them and I still sort of am, despite the fact that they hurt like a motherfucker.  I think it's plausible that I actually broke them in on Saturday though.  That, or I drank enough to keep to them on for twelve hours straight.  I used to call them my two hour shoes since my feet for screaming for surrender almost immediately after donning them.  Sorry feet.  


We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Horizon's. I got a new menu addition, the mushroom crepe, and Michael and I split the Vietnamese Tacos.  The crepe was meh but the tacos were divine!  After dinner we headed to the suburbs for a night of poker, dice and general gambling at our friends Jared and Orsy's house.  It was tons of fun with two massive hands on my part.  First Orsborn went all in before the flop and I had an A, J hearts and diamonds respectively.  I had more money than him so I called it and won with two pair, taking Orsborn's $16.75.  I then lost an epic hand of near $20 to one Mister Mike Cummings.  Ugh. I am seriously still stewing over it.  He put me all in when I had a full house, Jacks high.  He had one too, tens high.  I was winning until the last card, the river card, was flipped to reveal his win of FOUR TENS!  Blargh.  I was left chipless but still even since I had cashed out my initial investment so I wasn't too pissed, just my pride was wounded.  I know I did the right thing based on odds but man, oh man it hurt.  Later I won a few hands of dice, putting me up $5 for the night, better than losing.  We kept drinking Black Label on the rocks and I slugged at a bottle of white wine until we all gave up around 6am and Michael and I curled up in our sleeping bags.  It was a nice change of pace and super fun even though Cameron kept referring to me as pterodactyl voice.  Such a nice boy. 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com