Tuesday, May 11, 2010

day two hundred fifty-six.

I don't know what it is about this wolf mask but when I put it on I feel invincible.






Day Two Hundred Fifty-six Tuesday 5/11/10 
Dress:  Long sleeve leopard print dress
Purchased From:  Circle Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $5

Accessories: Green tights, green hunter wellies,
Hair and Makeup:  Ends curled and hair down, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Kristin didn't recognize me because of the dress and her and Rica commented on the leopard print



This dress is so weird.  I like it but it's kind of slutty despite how much it covers and it's a little out of my comfort zone.  I do like the long sleeves.  It has belt loops but was missing a belt when I bought it and I didn't bother with one since I'd be wearing a belted rain coat all night.  




Today so wanted to be as crappy as yesterday.  I woke up with Michael and he drove me to pick up Rica's car so I could borrow it for the day since he had to drive out to Downingtown.  I came home and climbed back into bed, dumb. I woke up again and made coffee, which ended up everywhere since a piece of the filter basket fell off and I put it back on wrong.  Second try was successful.  I got dressed, choosing this long sleeve dress since again it was unseasonably cold for May.  I paired it with tights and my wellies since the weather called for rain.  After a bagel and some tempeh bacon I headed out to work. I realized again I did not have the keys to a the same two clients houses.  Ugh.  Stupid.  I thought they might be in the Element, which was in Downingtown.  Luckily another dogwalker had one of the house's keys and a neighbor had another.  Still, when it rains it pours. 


After work I headed to Kraftwork for beers and dinner with Kristin and Rica. We shared Fiddlehead Ferns sauteed in olive oil.  They were really good!  Rica and I both got the mushroom soup special and she had flatbread while I had fries.  The fries were described as "garlic and herb fries with a mustard aioli"  They were just regular fries and not even really great regular fries.  Oh well.  The soup was so absolutely amazing that Rica and I savored every spoonful.  Kristin opted for a BLTrout and liked hers as well.  It was a really great way to end a crappy day.  Now I'm in bed with my kitties, finally updating days worth of blogs and watching episodes of Conviction on Netflix and waiting for Michael to come home so we snuggle up on the couch and watch Lost.  Tuesdays always redeem themselves.  I really don't know if I'll be able to handle them once Lost is over.  




UPDATE LATER IN THE NIGHT: 
For dinner we all shared a plate of Fiddlehead Ferns. My Mom pointed these out to me on Sunday at Longwood Gardens.  She told me you could eat them.  Lo and behold Kraftwork has them on their specials menu right now.   They are wicked tasty.  We had them sauteed in olive oil with salt and pepper.  I saw them on there on Friday and thought what in the world is a fiddlehead fern?!? I found this cool article on them: Fiddlehead Ferns  Turns out we were eating something dangerous.  


Oh and also the mushroom soup at Kraftwork (a special) is BANGIN.    

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com