Saturday, May 22, 2010

day two hundred sixty-five.




Day Two Hundred Sixty-five Thursday 5/120/10 
Dress: Black Strapless Sundress
Purchased From:  Conway
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $4.99

Accessories: Green knee socks, black flats, leopard print cardigan, rat brooch
Hair and Makeup: Down and curled usual makeup w/ green eyeshadows
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Hmmm, I guess that's what I get for not updating daily.  I can't remember. 

I like this dress.  I bought it in black and red and now I wish I had purchased all of the colors they had- pink, blue, green, etc.  If I go back I'll try it in a medium as I was yanking up this top all damn day.  I added my favorite little rat brooch that Michael bought me for my 30th birthday and this awesome Old Navy cardigan.  The knee socks are from the dollar store and you can bet I'll be returning to purchase them in multiple colors.  I'm crushing on knee socks a lot right now.

Thursday was a good day.  I woke up and though relaxed I was still in a bit of a funk about handing in a writing sample that evening.  As I was doing the dishes an idea came to me and I reworked a story in about an hour.  It was kind of an awesome morning.  I got dressed and spent the day working then headed to Kinko's to make twelve copies of the first draft of my story inspired by a poem and the unfinished outline.  I then went to Mugshots for a coffee and a savory muffin and finished reading two stories from Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger. I am loving this whole reading at the coffee shop thing.  It feels very 90's and makes me feel smart, or at the very least enriched.

I went to class and it was amazing.  We spent the first hour talking about "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" and then the last hour discussing the two works of fellow students.  After class I felt super alive and awesome, which may partially be to blame on the giant iced coffee I drank.   I came home and yammered on about it all to Michael.  I made us a yummy, healthy dinner of Basmati rice, tofu and cashews and spicy sauteed spinach.  We watched tv until he fell asleep and then I watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy, which was amazing.  Yay for an awesome day.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com