Saturday, May 22, 2010

day two hundred sixty-four.





Day Two Hundred Sixty-four Wednesday 5/19/10 
Dress: Black w/ White Lace Slip 
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $2.95

Accessories: Grey tights, black rain boots, blue cardigan, grey tights
Hair and Makeup: Pulled back into a low bun with parted bangs 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Someone called me chic and someone complimented my coat, not shown. I don't think these really count since no one could really see the dress or outfit. 

I hated this dress once I got it home and I hated it even more once I cut it off and made it too short and uneven.  Oh well.  I left the house in some sheer black tights that were extreme quitters and by the time I walked down a long corridor to an apartment in a fancypants building they were down at my knees.  Luckily no one was around to see the ridiculousness of it all.  And double luckily I had a spare pair of tights in the car that I changed into.  Yikes.  I threw away the sheer pantyhose and will throw this dress away as well. Boo.  I wore a blue cardigan with this ugly mess and then threw on a coat to hide it all.  I guess I sort of cheated but whatever.

Wednesday was a weird day of being super late again.  This week has been traffic heavy and I have not enjoyed a second of it.  I also really need to learn how to get myself out of the house at a reasonable time.  Though this week it hasn't even mattered.

After working I came home and hung out with Michael for a hot second before he went skateboarding.  After he left I got working on my homework.  I read some J.D. Salinger, read the works of two fellow students for a workshop class and then worked on my own piece that was due to hand out to the class for a workshop on Monday.  It was terrifying.  I worked on a few different stories and two outlines but ultimately wasn't thrilled with anything.   Michael came home and I gave up for the night so we could take our very first bath in our amazing bathtub.  It was just what we needed.  Super relaxing after a long and stressful day.  I foresee a lot of amazingly relaxing baths in our futures.


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com