Thursday, June 3, 2010

day two hundred seventy-seven.






Day Two Hundred Seventy-seven Wednesday 6/2/10 
Dress: Red and Blue Kimono Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $4.95

Accessories: Black flats, black flower hair clip
Hair and Makeup: dirty, rag curls pinned into a mess on top of my head, with a flower clip, usual makeup 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Michael liked my dress, he always likes this style dress on me but I bet he wouldn't remember that. 

First off please welcome my friend Julie to the world of blogging: Julie Murray Makeup she'll be blogging all kinds of awesome makeup tips and even helping me to style my makeup for specific looks and dresses, something I could definitely use.  When I attempt her tips I'll post face pictures so you can see the actual makeup for that day.   She did my makeup for my wedding and it was phenomenal.  She's also worked on lots of television shows so she knows her stuff- be sure to check her out! 

So again today it was hot as nards and this dress was flowy enough to fight off the heat.  Unfortunately the fabric was a bit thick but Wednesdays are generally my slower doggie days so I knew I could get away with it.  I paired it with my super gross stinky black flats.  I love them, though they make my feet smell awful- like burnt vacuum cleaners as Michael likes to say.  I didn't do much else- besides throw my hair up into a crazy tousled bun/ponytail mess as the rag curls have turned to the makings of dreadlocks. Blargh.  I'll be washing it and doing homework as soon as I finish this entry!  Today's makeup was the usual  and then I threw on my favorite giant black sunglasses from Joyce Leslie for $6.99.  I do not ever spend more than $20 on sunglasses because I treat them like a red headed step child and I don't see that changing.  I know myself too well. 

I spent a small portion of the day working and then made a sexy salad of arugula, almonds, grapefruit, tomatoes, cucumbers, garbanzo beans, carrots, sauteed mushrooms and asparagus and broccoli slaw.  I packed it up and took it over to Sue's to see her and baby Lemon and Ms. Rica.  We ate salad and had some much needed girlie catch up time.  We're thinking of starting a book club, something I'm excited about after experiencing literature discussions in class.  They're both on summer break so they have lots of free time, lucky ladies.  They and two of my other lady friends Heather and Jen are all in school and inspired me to go back.  Thanks ladies!!!

After girl time I came home and Michael and I had leftover fajitas and hung out for a bit.  It was a good day, lots of good energy everywhere.  I'm totally going to wash this funk out of my hair and read some Margaret Atwood.  Goodnight! 




0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com