Wednesday, August 18, 2010

day three hundred hundred fifty-three.



Day Three Hundred Fifty-three Tuesday 8/17/10
Dress:  Pink Sundress
Purchased From:  Stolen from Rica's bag for Mishel's Clothing Swap
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $Free
Accessories:  Black flats, blue ribbon
Hair and Makeup: usual makeup with, pigtails with blue ribbon
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Lots- a guy on the street said "you look good" simple and to the point. ha. A guy in my class said I look nice in pink and Michael said pretty in pink.  

So yeah, it's funny how people reacted to me wearing pink because it's not like I haven't worn it before or sort of a lot when it was my favorite color and it's been tagged as a color in twenty-seven other entries.  I guess it must have been something about this particular shade of pink, or maybe it was the combination of pigtails and pink.  Who knows.  I do know that I snagged this dress from my friend Rica's bag of clothing swap stuff before the swap and that I snagged the hair idea from a little girl I saw on the street on Monday.  I mean, I've totally worn pigtails before, and during the last year.  I have internet proof so she probably shouldn't think she's so special.  I did steal the idea of the ribbons from her though.  They were probably her mom's idea though, so again she shouldn't feel so special.  It was really gross and humid again so the dress was like the cheese; it stood alone.  I had no patience for accessories that would stick to my already gross skin and I had no desire for anything extraneous to touch my skin.   I wasn't event thrilled about wearing shoes and I had meant to wear sandals but forgot.  Oh bother.  I'm over you summer. 

The day was fine, way less grumpy than Sunday and Monday.  I worked and headed to class where we discussed Jamaica Kincaid's Girl and wrote a tone piece.  I got out early and came home and made a yummy dinner of veggie bacon cheeseburgers and corn on the cob with lime herb butter (Lime Butter Sauce this but with a bunch of random herbs mixed in with it) and we watched the season premiere of Weeds.  I spent the rest of the night reading my Sookie book and am almost done.  Then I promise to move on to real literature for a little while.  I have a huge stack by my bed that I must tackle. 


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com