Tuesday, August 17, 2010

day three hundred hundred fifty-two.

I don't know why I look like I'm about to charge the camera.


Day Three Hundred Fifty-two Monday 8/16/10
Dress:  Yellow Plaid Daisy Sraps Benetton Dress
Purchased From:  Mishel's Clothing Swap
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $Free
Accessories:  Green Ribbon Belt, green flats, yellow head scarf
Hair and Makeup: usual makeup, hair pulled back in a bun with a head scarf
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: n/a

So I got this dress at the swap and I like it but it might not be great for my body type. I added a piece of ribbon to it as a belt and I think that helped.  I wanted to redo my pictures for the day since I didn't take much time on them and they were weird and busted but I kind of forgot to redo them.  Oops.  Hence, we get a weird stance scrunchy eyed poorly lit picture.  Ugh. I guess it was just that kind of day. 

It wasn't the dress's fault but I felt all sorts of ick on Monday.  I had to wear a slip under the dress since it was a tiny bit see through.  I couldn't find my small half slip so I got stuck with a longer full slip and it kept bunching and sticking to me in the humidity.  Fuck humidity. I'm over it.  My hair was sweaty and the scarf kept slipping out, I felt like I was a gooey sidewalk puddle all day.  Ick.  I guess my Sunday grumps flowed over into Monday. Blech.  I made it through the day- worked and then headed to school early to finish the first draft of my final project.  I did it and I'm three quarters happy with it.  I have a problem with length and editing myself so I feel like it could be better with some more time, description and development.  I guess I'll work on it more for my own personal portfolio when class is over. I got to class only to find out that the first draft was not due.  What the fuck?  I totally confirmed this during the conference I had on Thursday.  It's also clearly written on the syllabus, not that she's stuck to the syllabus once for assignment due dates but still.  Apparently the first draft is due next Monday, August 23 and the final draft is due Tuesday, August 24.  Huh? How does that leave time for editing and feedback?  She plans to have us read an excerpt aloud to the class on Monday for a workshop. Yeah, that's not going to help me.  I have to say so far this class has been a bit of a disappointment. I like my professor as a person and I've enjoyed her reading assignments but I need organization in my life and I need someone to encourage this of me, not discourage it and eff me up even more.  Ugh.  I handed mine in anyway and hopefully she'll give it back to me before the final draft is due.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  

Class did not help my sour mood and when I left the building I saw darkness through the window.  This pissed me off and I thought, it's still August, why is it getting dark so early.   About that time I realized the darkness was from the rain clouds, not nighttime creeping into my summer evenings.  Oops.  I hurriedly went to the grocery store and grabbed a few items for dinner and came home.  I beat the rain but saw this as I was driving: 


I came home and made tofu teriyaki with jasmine rice, steamed broccoli and cashews.  It was super, duper yummy.  We watched G Force, which sort of helped my mood a bit and Michael fell asleep.  Apparently talking guinea pigs aren't enough to keep his eyes open.  I then painted my nails and toenails, which usually perks me up; it did.  I watched two episodes of Scream Queens because reality television contests and horror are two of my favorite things.  When did I become this monster?  I then read forty pages in the fourth installment of the Sookie Stackhouse series before finally forcing myself to go to sleep.  All better. 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com