Thursday, September 3, 2009

day six.





Day Six 9/3/2009
Dress: Black and White Sundress
Purchased From: Ross
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2009
Price: $10.99
Accessories: Kelly green belt and kelly green flats
Hair and Makeup: Down and hot rollered, still no eye makeup but I think we might be in the clear for some tomorrow, red lips
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: I like your green shoes from an older lady.
Day: It was another beautiful day. I am really loving this weather. The morning was a little hectic as we overslept again and I spent some of it cleaning, doing laundry and trying to find all the stuff left over from our wedding last year to take to our friends Matt and Mona's house as they're getting married in nine days. In ten days me and the mister will celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. Crazy how time flies. Last year at this time I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It wasn't pretty. I was also about 17 lbs. slighter, that was sort of pretty. Oh well, I'm trying. Since I had to run out of the house I just sort of threw on a dress today. I guess I should wear my super summery dresses while I still have the weather for them. I'm a big fan of cardigans and layering though so I think I can make do if a few are leftover.

After I got home from Matt and Mona's I decided to spruce up my outfit a bit. Well I guess it's not so much an outfit since it was just one article of clothing. Whatever, it felt boring so I paired my dress with kelly green flats from Payless (!) and a cute kelly green waist belt that I trash picked in Fishtown while walking dogs. I really do get the prime goods when trash picking due to my schedule. Before I started on hair and makeup I remembered that Ipacac had to start his antibiotics and pain meds today. The antibiotics taste like bubblegum in case you were wondering. I was lucky enough to find this out when I got a face full of them. Ipacac turned his head right as my finger pushed on the syringe plunger to expel the meds into his mouth. Paybacks are messy and gross.

I set my hair in hot rollers since I just washed it and it always dries into terrible waves. A little red lipstick to make up for the lack of eye makeup and I was on my way. But not before trekking to the third floor for some photos. I thought it might look cute with the contrast of the construction and the fancyish dress. I'm not thrilled with it but whatevs. The self portrait part really is proving to be a pain in my arse. I usually love it but I also usually on take close up self portraits. I suppose I'll get over it.

I worked a bit, went to CVS to get my passport photos done, then went to another CVS to get them done again because I hated the first one but was too much of a wiener to say so. I don't know why I care what the manager of CVS thinks of me. I did like the second set though so I suppose it's worth it in the end. I'd just really like to have ID that I don't hate. Is that too much to ask? Now I just have to get myself to the post office to apply for a new name changed passport.

I finally went to the gym today and punished myself with one hour on the elliptical machine. FYI Hot Water Music and The Draft might be the best background music for the elliptical. I also went wine shopping as my new addiction is red wine. It feels so bourgy but it tastes so good.

The saddest part of today was when I got home. I found my next door neighbor sitting outside with a friend (she's in her 80's) and she waved me over. She told me that her husband, Winge, had passed away from a massive heart attack earlier in the day. He was 82 and they've been together and living in the neighborhood pretty much all of their lives. I felt just terrible. Winge was a bad ass and some of his stories were amazing. Apparently one of our neighbors saw him yesterday and told him he looked pale and asked if he felt well. His reply to her was, "Everyone looks pale next to you", as she abuses the tanning booth a bit too much. His voice was growly and he always wore a Jeff Cap, a wife beater and dickies. He will be sorely missed.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I really like this look. Good choice of shoes and belt.
Sorry about your neighbor.

Mike said...

Get a bottle of 'a to z' from the wine store on girard. 12 bucks and so so good

HeadlessMonster said...

Like the dress, but I have a problem when like colors don't match exactly. The shoes are a little darker than the dress's belt. If you don't have exact hues, go for a different, accentual color.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com