Tuesday, September 22, 2009

day twenty-four.















Day Twenty-four 9/21/2009
Dress: Plaid Knit Dress (they say knit, I say sweatpants)
Purchased From: Charlotte Russe 
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2009
Price: $28.99
Accessories: Grey knee socks
Hair and Makeup: Low bun with messy bangs, no makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Only on a dog I was walking but not about me
Day: I barely slept last night.  Many weekends I resort to my usual late nights and later mornings and that carries on into Monday minus the late mornings.  I think it was after three when I finally fell asleep only to be woken by my phone around seven.  A client called to add on for the day and I was unable to fall back asleep right away since my bladder refused to quiet down.  I believe an hour later I slept again, and too late, as I woke at 9:02 with a veterinarian appointment in New Jersey scheduled for 9:30.  I made it,  a few minutes late and without coffee.  It hurt.  Ipacac the kitty had a really great check up though and won't have to have any more teeth removed for at least six months.  We were both pretty thrilled about it.  


Today's dress is one the dresses I refer to as the sweatpants of dresses, except it's actually really cute.  I bought it at Charlotte Russe in the Cherry Hill Mall during my aforementioned iPhone debacle.  It is the reason I did not buy the red strapless dress featured on day fifteen that Sue bought for me.  $28.99 is a bit of a splurge on a dress for me, unless it's vintage or for a special occasion.  It was such an interesting print, fabric and fit that I knew I'd regret it if I didn't buy it.  I've worn it many times already and I sure am glad I bought it.  It makes me feel cute, not pretty, or sexy, or girly, but cute.  It sort of makes me want to climb trees and do tom boyish things.  I'm also a big fan of the weird collar and plan to wear it year round.  So even though I was super cranky today because of lack of sleep I still felt pretty cute.  I prefer that to cranky and feeling ugly. 


My eyeball eczema is still acting up but seems to be quelled by the claritin I took today.  I think I'll make them a daily occurrence until it is completely cleared.  Itchy bumpy eyes do not make a girl feel good about herself.  Today was pretty boring except for the vet visit.  Oh and I did call and make an appointment for a Brazilian wax for Thursday.  I might be a tad bit afraid of Thursday.  I worked, went to the gym and grocery store and made dinner.  I made sour cream yukon gold mashed potatoes, fake engagement chicken, roasted asparagus, a simple salad and biscuits.  It was all really tasty and I might have eaten a bit too much.  Fall television is back with a fury so we watched Heroes and House.  I think I might have to give up on Heroes.  Less television could be a good thing I think. 


I'm pretty excited to go lay down in my bed now and fall fast asleep with hopes of a full eight hours.  Maybe I'll turn off my ringer and enjoy some silence.  Speaking of enjoying I'm really glad my friend Bill came back to Pennsylvania for a visit last week because he always introduces everyone to the best bands.  This particular band is Blind Pilot and he played it in the car on the way home from Matt and Mona's wedding.  I've been sort of obsessed with them since.  Thanks Bill. And Happy Birthday since it is technically 12:12 on the East Coast.   Loves Byes. 

1 comments:

HeadlessMonster said...

Kinda cute, kinda Heidi singin' from the Swiss hilltops'ish.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com