Saturday, December 26, 2009

day one hundred twenty.







Day One Hundred Twenty 12/26/2009


Dress: Orangey/Brown Vintage Camel Print Dress
Purchased From:  Sazz Vintage
Year or Era Purchased:  Fall 2009
Price: $10.50 
Accessories: Green tights, HUNTER GREEN MATTE WELLIES, brown knee socks, neck warmer by Jody, brown belt
Hair and Makeup:  mini buns and the rest down, usual makeup with brown eyeshadow
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Spano said he thought it was a western print until I pointed out it was indeed a camel print, Michael told me my hair was soft and called me porceilan though I suppose that is not dress related.  


Day:


I woke up this morning around 9AM relieved that I didn't have the weight of Christmas on me.   Unfortunately I quickly realized what I had was a morning cat job that required me to exit my warm and lovely bed.  I dragged my tired body from my pillow top comfort and began to dresss.  I decided to wear my camel dress today because it has long sleeves and because I finally bought a brown belt to wear with it since it's a little big.  I'm just starting to embrace brown in my personal wardrobe.  I love it on other people but for some reason I never wear it much on my own.  The dress had belt loop holes but didn't come with a belt, or maybe it did but I lost it, I can't remember.  I found today's belt at Greene Street Consignment on 7th and South Street for $8.  Word.  I don't generally shop there because it's pretty expensive for used clothing.  Don't get me wrong, it's lovely and the clothes are designer and in great condition but I am too cheap to pay $32 for a used article of clothing thank you.   It was raining today so I wore my lovely Hunter boots :) Yay.  I probably would have worn them even if it wasn't raining.  They rule.  So I went and did my cat job, a cute little furry lady named Betty White and then headed over to Sue's and hung out with her chatting it up for quite some time.  It was really nice.  


I headed home and wandered about the house until I finally decided to hunker down on the couch with a giant plate of leftovers.  Michael and I watched The Legend of Billie Jean, a personal favorite from my childhood.  I napped for a few hours and then woke up and showered and got girly with hair and makeup before heading out to enjoy some beers at Memphis Taproom.  We met up with Spano but he had to leave so we stayed for another and a shared bowl of red pepper bisque soup.  It was lovely.  


I have to say I am so happy that Christmas is over.  I have been pmsing this week without realizing it and I believe that pushed me over the edge and straight into crazy town.  I put way too much pressure on it for no good reason.  I tend to that a lot with stuff in my life.  Oh well, something I need to work on.   Everything turned out fine even though the day itself was crazy and packed and whirlwind.  Christmas for Michael and I means cram in as much family as possible in as little hours as possible.  We started the day waking up at 7:30 AM because my sister-in-law, though twenty-six, regresses to six on Christmas morning.  I swear next year I might drug her. It doesn't help that her usual wake up time is 5:30AM and mine is around 9.  Michael and I stumbled to the coffee maker and opened our stockings, a tradition in the Lalonde household.  We then headed into the living room for some photographs and present opening.  Everyone takes turns opening presents and honestly I always feel guilty for the amount of bounty I receive.  It is always fun to give too even though I managed to tell Nicole, my sister-in-law what her gift was while she was opening it.  D'oh.  


After present opening we had breakfast and I started prepping my sides for dinner.  My contribution for dinner was to be Broccoli Gratin with Mustard Streusel, Horseradish Cheddar Mashed Potatoes, a Celebration Field Roast and Brussels Sprouts with Shallots.  Michael and I dressed and headed over to see my only living grandparent, my Mom-Mom Raytik.  She is 93 years old and lucid as anything.  I love hanging out with her.  We stayed for a while and then headed to see my Mom and Dad and have dinner with them.  Christmas means pierogies because my Mom is half Hungarian and half Ukrainian.  This makes my tummy really happy.  We opened presents and  hung out for a bit and I played with their kitties, Amos and Andy.  We then headed back to the Lalonde household for Christmas dinner.  I was disappointed in my broccoli gratin as it was not very creamy.  The flavor wasn't bad but I would make it different next time.  I was however thrilled with the mashed potatoes and will absolutely add them to my dinner arsenal.  After we ate like giant fat kids we cleaned up an packed up and headed home.  Now I have to work on getting my house back in order.  Woot! I can't belive it's almost the new year! This year is going to be all about getting shit done.  I'm sure I could find a way to say that with an elegant flare but elegant doesn't always work.  








0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com