Monday, February 8, 2010

day one hundred sixty-four.





Day One Hundred Sixty-four 2/8/10
Dress: Black and White Gingham/plaid Strapless Dress

Purchased From:  Super Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Winter 2010
Price: $1.50
Accessories:  jeans, hunter wellies, pink ruffled slip, black cardigan, faux fur hat
Hair and Makeup: Pigtail braids,  usual makeup with bright purple eyeshadow
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: A stranger in an elevator liked my outfit, though I was wearing my winter coat.
Day: 



I got through today and it went really fast so I got that going for me.  I woke up, did the dishes, had coffee, got dressed, worked, went to whole foods, made quesadillas for dinner, watched some television and played on the internets to kill the fifteen hours I was awake.  Soon I will shower and retire to bed and do it all again tomorrow.  Stupid snowy winter days.  I know I should embrace them and get things done and cleaned and organized but the dark skies and bitter air make me want to crawl under a blanket and hibernate.  At least it was pretty sunny today.   This dress probably didn't help my mood today since it was totally annoying and ill-fitting.  I bought it at Super Thrift, a thrift store without dressing rooms. Sometimes I try on stuff right over my clothes but the mirror was inundated by other crazy thrifters and I was without patience on the day of purchasing.  I've become quite talented at guessing the size and fit of random thrift store dresses and this one was a measly $1.50 so I chanced it.  It will probably get donated right back to the same place now that I've worn it.  I would probably like it better if it weren't lined with cotton  This makes no sense to me, cotton doesn't help as a lining, it just makes the dress get stuck in awkward unflattering positions.  That's why I threw a slip underneath of this bitch and called it a day.  It didn't help that much though since I was wearing jeans.  Every fat nook and denim clad cranny of my body was visible under this hot mess of a dress.  I was more than happy to change into a t-shirt when I got home. 


Oh I almost forgot, the one good thing about today was spotting this dude chowing down on some berries: 
Pretty Spectacular. 




1 comments:

Kathy said...

I like how the vase with the flowers and your dress say springtime fun even though you're standing in 2 feet of snow

 
designed by suckmylolly.com