Thursday, April 29, 2010

day two hundred forty-two.





Day Two Hundred Forty-two 4/27/10
Dress:  Black Halter Banana Republic Dress
Purchased From: Free- given to me by a client
Year or Era Purchased: 2007ish? 
Price: $Free
Accessories:  Grey tights, black boots folded into ankle boots, light blue blazer, bird cage necklace
Hair and Makeup:  Pulled back in a bun (read: dirty) with a flower hair clip, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael liked my ensemble and called me a "good accessorizer"




It was way cold on Tuesday.  Way colder than I thought it was to be and it made me sad since I had way too many dog walks, requiring me to be outside in the cold wind.  I also wasn't totally thrilled with this outfit since I had to bulkify it by throwing a jacket on top of a jacket, a pet peeve of mine.  The little bit of happiness in the day came through when I put on this dress.  It was a free hand-me-down from a client years ago and it's Banana Republic, a store I don't so much shop in- too rich for my blood.  Sometimes the sale rack is a-ok but generally I steer clear.  I suppose I steer clear of malls in general, I get in too much trouble.  Sidetracked, sorry.  The happiness stemmed from the fact that the last time I attempted to wear this dress (sometime in January) I could barely zip it and I certainly could not sit down in it. Now it's a bit baggy in some areas.  Word! It's still not the most flattering, especially in the gut area and it's a halter and I was not about to wear a strapless bra to walk dogs all day, so I threw on this jacket with it and called it an outfit.  The jacket was an Urban Outfitters donation to Circle Thrift and I think I got it for $4.  Again my hair was pretty dirty and it was windy so little attention was paid to it and I pulled it back into a bun, not the best look for my round face but wind whipping my hair in my face makes me mental. 


After worked I trudged back to New Jersey for a new tire and then headed home excited to make dinner and watch Lost only to find that Lost was a rerun.  Stupid poop.  







0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com