Thursday, April 8, 2010

day two hundred twenty-two.








Day Two Hundred Twenty-two 4/7/10 
Dress: Cat Print T-shirt Dress
Purchased From: Conway
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $2.99
Accessories:  Blue t-shirt cardigan, grey sneaker flats
Hair and Makeup: Partial braids, partial down and curled, usual makeup with some Alice palette colors 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: One of my clients said I looked cute, Michael said I looked like a crazy homeless person



Oh My God we got our tub!!! Finally! I got all ready to go and as soon as I was about to walk out the door bagel in hand, ding dong, the tub movers arrived.  With dread and glee I watched as they cracked open the crate.  I breathed a sigh of relief once I saw it was in perfect condition.  It's so glorious. I felt so bad for the three movers that had to lift the beast, bad enough to make them lemonade and then leave once it was headed to the third floor.   I spent the rest of the day working and going to the gym for the third day in a row. Go me.  I knew it wasn't going to happen Thursday or Friday as it's my birfday tomorrow so I'm having a birthday date night with Michael and I'm getting a lovely massage and going to dinner with a group of friends on Friday.  Score.  I'm feeling really good about my birthday this year. I also get all weird and sad like on my birthday for some reason but I'm just going to be zen for this one.  Yup.   I made soyrizo tacos for dinner and Michael and I watched four episodes of Parenthood.  Loving that show.  


So let's talk about this "dress".  It's really an oversized t-shirt that I turned into a strapless dress by shoving my head and arms through the neck hole and pinning the sleeves tight behind my back.  I also realized I could tuck the sleeves into the dress and sew them shut and make a pocketed dress.  That's next, I just didn't have time to sew it this morning.  It was super hot again today and I wanted to cover the mess of safety pins so I cut another t-shirt down the middle and voila, t-shirt cardigan.  I know it looked a hot mess but I didn't care.  I loved every stitch of it.  




Here's our tub and toilet, the tub will be moved over a bit but you get the idea.  The toilet box said white, it's kind of not so much white but it's too late now...



1 comments:

Unknown said...

can i please come over to take a bath? dress is bomb.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com