Tuesday, April 13, 2010

day two hundred twenty-six.








teehee


Day Two Hundred Twenty-Six 4/11/10
Dress: Pink Vintage 80s Dress
Purchased From: Sazz Vintage
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $10.00
Accessories:  Black tights, black flats, black awesome Big Buddha vegan flower bag, black flower clip, leopard print cardigan
Hair and Makeup: Brushed and down with a black flower clip in it, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Jody loved my bag





I think I rolled out of bed around 10:20, knowing I had eleven o'clock plans for vintage shopping with Jody.  I got up and hurriedly made myself look human.  When shopping for vintage clothing in a warehouse setting, as I knew we'd be doing, it's always best to wear something form fitting or something with a slip under it so you can try stuff on over top of your slip or clothing.  Quite often in these instances (and even in some thrift store settings) you will not be privy to a fitting room.  This is a lovely piece of information to keep in your thrifting/vintage clothing shopping arsenal of knowledge.  So I wore my newish pink dress with a pink slip beneath it.  I also donned by new fabulous leopard cardigan.  A friend of mine once said you can measure how crazy a woman is by the amount of leopard print in her wardrobe.  I guess I'm certifiable. Blargh. 


Jody and I arrived at the new Sazz Vintage warehouse, excited for the $5 for anything sale.  I was a bit disappointed as for some reason I expected more and maybe better stuff.  Oh well.  I managed to score a few dresses and few other weird vintage items.   There were several sheets of torn plastic on the floor housing piles of vintage clothing.  In order to find treasures we had to dig.  I dug for a bit and filled a box then found a quiet corner to try on my finds.  There was no mirror so I had to rely on the kindness of Jody and strangers to set me straight on the good, the bad and the very ugly.  


Jody and I parted ways while I headed out to feed a turtle.  That sounds like code for something but really I was just feeding a turtle for one of my clients.  I then met back up with Jody, her manfriend Mike and my manfriend Mike and headed to Memphis Tap for some brunch and drinks.  I ate good foods, had a beer and a bloody maria, two things I did not need to put in my body. Later we headed to their house to watch the footage that Michael recorded of our Friday night drunkenness.  I so wish that did not happen.  Ugh.  Good thing I can laugh at myself.  Michael and I came home and since I was bellyaching I ate some plain pasta while he had leftovers and then we headed to bed.  Eating and drinking all weekend certainly caught up with me and I'm going to need to join my new gym post haste to get this extra grossness off of  my frame.  Ugh. 



0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com