Saturday, May 15, 2010

day two hundred fifty-eight.





Day Two Hundred Fifty-eight Thursday 5/13/10 
Dress:  Black Cotton INC sundress 
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $3.95

Accessories: Mustard yellow cotton cardigan, jeans, black flats, big sunglasses
Hair and Makeup:  Usual makeup, hair brushed and bangs pinned back
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: A construction worker at a building I work in commented "another outfit" since he always comments on my clothes. 


Yeah so this dress was super easy and that's why I picked it.  I just sort of grabbed items off of the floor piles and put them together.  There was no rhyme or reason to this outfit besides comfort.  It made me happy to see the tag in this dress when I bought it.  I get a big kick out of buying expensive clothes for super cheap.  I'm sure this wasn't crazy expensive but I haven't seen much in the INC brand for reasonable Abby style (ewww did I just type that in third person?!?) prices unless they're on the sale rack. 

Ugh. I woke up with the worst headache despite my 3am drunken trip to the kitchen for some mac and cheese, tempeh bacon and mixed greens.  I took some ibuprofen and fell back asleep.  Michael had to drive to Downingtown and took the Element.  Instead of going with him to get Rica's borrowed-for-the-day car I opted to sleep longer and get a ride with our friend Orsborn since he had stayed over.  Of course in my hungover state of mind I completely forgot to get all of my client's keys out of the Element and realized this as I was walking out the door to go work.  I called Michael and started to cry.  I regrouped and realized I could find a way to deal with the issue and starting calling clients and planning to get keys from neighbors, etc.  Luckily I had two keys on my keychain, three of my jobs were in a high rise building where the keys are kept at the desk, one client's neighbor has a spare, I had two cancellations and one of my clients was home.  That left me with one uncompleted job.  I tried to track down the spare key I knew resided at the neighbor's but they weren't home.  Phone calls and texts to the client went unanswered as her phone was off but she totally understood and was super nice about it.  Crisis averted.  I still felt like total ass all day even though I shoved a huge sandwich into my belly and drank lots of juice and water.   In my attempts to feel better I kept stuffing food into myself, which just made me feel worse.  

I came home from working and made a huge pot of Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup.  I picked up Jody, finally gave her her overdue birthday presents, dropped off Rica's car and then Jody and I walked over to see Lemon and Sue and drop off the soup. We visited for a while and then walked home.  I continued to stuff food into myself, this time  a bowl of soup, a bowl of mac and cheese and some olive bread.  I hurt so bad afterwards that I collapsed into the fetal position on the couch and watched some non-Michael television.  Michael was skating so he missed out on my awesomeness.  I got up the energy to get into bed and kept watching tv shows on Netflix Instant Play, I have one more episode to complete the season/series Conviction of the Law & Order franchise.  See how much I can accomplish with my life! Michael came home and we snuggled.  Had it not been for making soup and baby visiting it would have been the biggest waste of a day. 



0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com