Friday, May 7, 2010

day two hundred fifty-one.






Day Two Hundred Fifty-one Thursday 5/6/10 (Also known as Lemon Josephine Henry's birthday) 
Dress:  Lemon Yellow Vintage Dress
Purchased From:  Sazz Vintage
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $10.00
Accessories:  White/green polka dot cotton belt, black flats 
Hair and Makeup: Pulled back into a bun and still wet for most of the day, down and natural once dry, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Lots of dress compliments from Michael, Katy, a few clients.

I wore this dress in celebration of the birth of Lemon Josephine.  It's lemon yellow so I'm sure my reasons are clear.  I woke up a bunch of times during the night, after finally falling asleep a little after 3am.  I woke up around 7:30 for a little while, fell back asleep and slept the morning away.  I finally got up showered and out of the house.  I didn't spend much time on my appearance today because frankly I didn't care.  I threw on a belt since this dress is a little big, pulled my wet hair back into a low bun and threw in some hair sticks, slapped on a some makeup and shoes and ran out the door to meet baby Lemon.  Jake and Sue both seemed to have a happy glow about them.  Rica was holding Lemon when I arrived and let me have a crack at her.  She is the cutest little thing.  I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm good friends with the parents but whatever.  I hung out for a bit until Lemon started making hungry faces and I relinquished her to her Mommy.




I spent the day working, lots, then ran a few errands.  I came home and made a huge dinner for Sue and Jake so they would have some prepared food in their fridge.  Michael and I headed over and met up with Kristin and Katy and we all oohed and aahed over the little miss.   Again we relinquished her so she could get some "boob juice" as Sue referred to it. 

Michael and I came home, ate sandwiches and now I'm exhausted from half assed sleep last night.  Not that I have anything to bitch about since Sue was in labor and awake for a solid 24 hours.  So yeah, puts things into perspective for me.  

Crap, I just remembered it's trash night.  Ugh.

1 comments:

LaToya said...

Awwww! She's adorable!! And that dress! Such a fetching color. You make me want to wear a yellow one tomorrow! You look awesome!

http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

 
designed by suckmylolly.com