Saturday, May 8, 2010

day two hundred fifty-two.




Day Two Hundred Fifty-two Friday 5/7/10 
Dress:  Blue Vintage Slip
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $1.95
Accessories:  Black tights, black sneaker boots, black tank top, grey cardigan, flower headband, later in the day I purchased a button ring from Marilla1918 at a flea market.  I didn't take a picture of it but will do so soon. It's pretty rad.  So is her etsy shop.  
Hair and Makeup: Down and hot rollered with a flower headband, usual makeup with green sparkly eyeshadow
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: A few dress compliments and a headband compliment 


I woke up with Michael early but then fell back asleep an hour later and somehow slept until 11. I woke up with a start after having a very odd dream about a lost dog with a cell phone collar and a huge gaping wound in its back. Very strange.  I got up and hurriedly got ready and out of the house.  I wanted to get done my jobs by 5 to attend the grand opening of Kraftwork Bar in my neighborhood of Fishtown.  I fell behind in my jobs when I discovered a flea market at Fitler Square and just had to peruse it. I got a few basil and parsley plants and the cool ring from Marilla 1918 so it wasn't all bad.  I finished work and got to the bar by 5:40. I don't think it would've mattered if I arrived sooner as it was beyond packed and the staff seemed ill equipped for such a large crowd.  20 minutes after arriving I was finally able to order a beer and was starving so I ordered an asparagus soup special. Some friends of mine sitting right next to me did not get their drink order taken immediately after or during my order, something I found quite peculiar.  It was obvious that the bartender was not skilled at multi-tasking.  I've been to many a packed bar and never had that much wait time, especially for a bar specializing in draft beer.  Perplexing.  30 minutes later my beer was empty, my soup had not arrived and two of my friends weren't able to order so I wrote a note on a napkin canceling my soup and paying for my beer.   Watching the staff scramble was slightly entertaining but not enough to curb my hunger and Friday happy hour thirst.  We all decided to head to Silk City's Bier Garden for some dinner and drinks.  Michael and I ran home and grabbed our bikes and biked down to meet up with Kristin, Becky and Helen.  I had a few fancy drinks and a portobello sandwich and Michael and I split some zucchini fries with truffle aioli.  It made my tummy hurt to consume so much but it was so lovely and yummy.  It got super cold, super fast so we left and hurriedly biked home.  I climbed into bed, a little drunk, and watched Paper Heart on Michael's computer while he worked on some work emergency yuckiness. 

Later that night we took another stab at Kraftwork but it was busier than our first attempt so we walked right back out.  I'm really excited about its existence, I just hope the staff is better when smaller crowds are involved.  If I had to guess I'd say they lost $60-$70 on me and my friends alone in 1/2 an hour. I can't imagine we were the only ones to leave or not get beers in a swift manner.  

I ended up crawling back into bed and watching a few episodes of the newly added to Netflix watch instantly, Conviction, from the creators of Law & Order. I think I watched it when it was on originally but I only half remember it.  

A bit about this "dress", it's from the lingerie/pajama section of the thrift store and I love its color.  It's sheer so I paired it with a black tank top and some thick tights underneath.  I love the combo of grey and light blue.  I guess that's all I have to say about that.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com