Wednesday, May 5, 2010

day two hundred forty-nine.





Two Hundred Forty-nine Tuesday 5/4/10
Dress:  Black and White Crossword Dress 
Purchased From: Conway
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $3.99
Accessories:  Black knee highs, black sneaker boots, black ribbon belt, big black sunglasses
Hair and Makeup: Brushed out rag curls turned to waves, usual makeup with purple eyeshadow
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  A stranger complimented my dress and told me he likes crossword puzzles, a (creepy) stranger at the thrift store told me I'm very pretty but he said it in sort of a shocked voice that I didn't quite understand. 


Whew, this will get me all caught up.  Pardon me for being so lax lately with the posting.  I suppose I need to work on that a bit.  I wish I could say it's because I've been soooo busy with this or that but no, it's pretty much laziness.  My apologies. 


I've been waiting for the time to be right for this dress and today's weather was pretty much perfect for it.  I found this in the pajama department at Conway and since I love crossword puzzles I was super excited to find this gem for $3.99.  The sleeves are oddly large and unflattering so I added a black ribbon belt for a bit of definition.  I'm also smitten with knee socks lately as I saw my friend Melissa wearing them with shorts the other day and made a mental style note.  I do this a lot if I see someone's style I like I'll scan them and put some of their cuteness into my brain's style arsenal.  For example, a few weeks ago when Michael and I were at the Apple store in Delaware this super cute Asian Amy Winehouse looking girl was in the store and I took a mental note of her hair and overall style and incorporated it into my look the next day.  She had a poof/braid combo and wore a super cute red farmer/lolita style dress.  I suppose some might say that's biting people's style.  I call it inspiration.  


So today was another pretty much boring day.  I ate a light lunch of leftover soup and mixed greens with olive oil.  It was yummy.  It would've been a great healthy day if one of my clients hadn't gifted me with a tub of caramel popcorn that I chowed down on for a solid fifteen minutes in an out-of-body caramel popcorn experience.  D'oh.  I spent the day working, it was a long one and I ended it with a kitty visit.  She's very cute and likes her ears massaged.  Her name is Farfel: 



She lives above a used bookstore so I took a quick look around and came up with one of my books for my Creative Writing class, Nine Stories by J. D. Salinger.  I also grabbed Lucky by Alice Sebold, a book I always meant to read.   I took a quick trip to the thrift store and got five dresses for $18.75, headed to CVS for some much needed toiletries and a cute new baby blueish green nail polish. 

For dinner I fired up the grill and made grilled seitan, grilled corn on the cob, grilled truffled potato salad and a big green salad with homemade croutons.  We watched Lost and I cried like a baby.  Tuesdays are always better because of Lost.  I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. Blargh.   I also watched Happtown on my DVR.  I can't tell exactly but I feel like it's trying to be Twin Peaks but it's coming off more like Desperate Housewives.  I guess I'll give it one more episode to decide.  

It feels good to be caught up.   Now I suppose I need to work on cleaning and organizing.  I'll get there someday. 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com