Wednesday, May 19, 2010

day two hundred sixty-three.


what's with those alien eyeballs? oh red eye corrector, that's what. 



Day Two Hundred Sixty-three Tuesday 5/18/10 
Dress: Pink and White Vintage Day Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $3.95

Accessories: Black tights, hunter wellies in green, blue fabric belt, black long sleeve undershirt, pink dog house earrings and later in the day a cream colored knit hat.
Hair and Makeup: Double buns with bangs pinned back because they are working my nerves, usual makeup with some purply shadow from the Alice Urban Decay palette
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael liked my dress, Jody liked my earrings, a stranger commented on my boots

My morning was great despite the icky weather.  I threw on this outfit and pinned my hair into two buns and left my face blank for a bit so I could take Michael to the El and go hangout at Milkcrate Cafe for some coffee and reading. I read half of my assignment the night before and left half for the morning.  I saw my friend Jody there and we talked a bit and then got into our work. I like hanging out at coffee shops and doing homework.  I especially like hanging out at Milkcrate because it lacks any bit of pretentiousness that most coffee shops ooze.  

I came home and ate and threw on some makeup and then embarked on a crazy whirlwind late-for-everything type of day.  I left the house sort of on time but mostly late and then stopped to see my friend Sue and her little almost two week old lady, Lemon.  Mistake.  When I get to talking with Sue time just slips away.  Oops! I spent the day frantically working and late for everything and stuck in traffic and without parking.  Ugh. 

I managed to get all of my jobs done and get to class at 6:01.  It was really, really close though.  Class was great and most of the chest pounding tear inducing feelings from the night before faded quickly.  We spent most of the class discussing the writing process and then a mere 15 minutes discussing one paragraph of 90 pages of a reading assignment.  Aaahhh college. Now I remember why I was able to get away with never doing the readings.  Oh well, at least I actually liked this book.  

I came home from class and found that Michael had bought me congrats on going back to school flowers.  What a sweetheart.  They're really beautiful.  I'm smitten.  I then whipped up some mac n' cheese, bbq seitan and cucumber carrot slaw for dinner and we ate while watching Lost.  It was fucking good- Lost I mean. 


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com