Monday, May 17, 2010

day two hundred sixty-one.





Day Two Hundred Sixty-one Sunday 5/16/10 
Dress:  Yellow Sun Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $4.95

Accessories: White and Green striped gym socks, blue cardigan, black sneaker boots, bird necklace
Hair and Makeup: Two braids with some down and curled, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael commented on my necklace, he gave it to me. 

I like how easy this dress is.  I had trouble dressing on Sunday, nothing felt or looked right and I even chopped the bottom off of a long slip in an attempt to improve it but instead butchering it.  Oops.  I hope to salvage it somehow in the future.  Anyway I liked the ease of this dress and even though I had planned to save it for a really hot day I had to pull it out early. It also has pockets, yay pockets. 

I spent the day working and searching for bathroom  and bedroom accessories at discount stores. It was a big case of shoulda/coulda/woulda and everything I had seen in the past was now gone, replaced with nothing I needed.  Ugh.  That'll learn me to buy it when I see it. We still need towel hooks and a rack and a shower curtain and some hampers and some tooth brush holders, etc. etc.  We'll get there eventually.  

Anyway so after work Steve, MIchael and I had dinner and drinks at Cantina, which were super yummy.  I had a squash and pumpkin seed quesadilla and Michael had some soy ginger seitan tacos, a little too sweet for me.  After dinner we dropped Steve at home and then Michael and I went to see Iron Man 2.  I quite enjoyed the movie but our movie going experience was once again ruined by the masses.  At least two patrons would not shut the fuck up during the movie and there was a baby crying/talking during a large chunk of the movie.  I think we may have given up on movies from now on unless they're at the Ritz.  

We came home, watched the final episode of The Pacific and retired to bed.  I loved our weekend, despite working a lot and the stupid movie goers.  


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com