Tuesday, May 18, 2010

day two hundred sixty-two.





Day Two Hundred Sixty-two Monday 5/17/10 
Dress: Brown and Blue Striped Sweater Tank Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $4.95

Accessories: Purple argyle knee socks, green hunter wellies, grey cardigan
Hair and Makeup: Partially  half up and some down then later all down with big barrel curling iron curls, usual makeup with some mauve lipstick
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Kristin said "cute dress"

I started school tonight and our assignment was to read 90 pages of the text Negotiating With the Dead A Writer on Writing by Margaret Atwood so this is going to be short because I'm only halfway done at this point and it's 1:14AM and I don't know how much time I'll have to do it tomorrow.  I am terrified right now.  I'm terrified that I let my brain marinate in lazy for too long and that I haven't read even a quarter of the books I should have read by now and that I'm really not actually that smart, I'm just good at pretending I know what people are talking about.  I'm going to community college and I'm terrified.  That either says that I am way too snobby for my own good or way too dumb and have a lot of catching up to do.  Damn you Harry Potter, I blame you. 

Oh and I have to hand in a first draft of something to be workshopped this Thursday.  So yeah, that left me scouring my hard drive for something, which led to some sadness at the realization that I haven't written much since 2003 and what I wrote then was pretty much a bunch of whiny, drivel filled shit. Fun.  So far this Margaret Atwood text is pretty awesome though, so I got that going for me, which is nice.  She's one of the many authors I always meant to read. Yup. 

I bought this dress this morning.  I had an early cat job and took Michael to work so I stayed in yesterday's dress, which had turned into last night's sleepy time clothes.  I wasn't in the mood to retry the same dresses that gave me grief yesterday so I went thrifting to cheer up a bit.  It worked.  I love the colors, cut, style, etc. about this dress.  It's a Roxy dress so it was probably a little pricey in its first store.  I got it for $4.95.  Take that.  They called for rain so I went with my wellies and threw on a cardigan since this dress is a little boobyesque.  I didn't want to appear slutty for my first day of class so it was buttoned before class started.  

Ok, enough procrastinating.  I'm going to try not to let this class affect my blog at all. I want to write about it in detail.  I hope I have enough time.  Being lazy is so much easier.  


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com