Sunday, May 16, 2010

day two hundred sixty.





Day Two Hundred Sixty Saturday 5/15/10 
Dress:  Blue Vintage Sporty Dress
Purchased From:  Sazz Vintage Warehouse Sale
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $10

Accessories:Brown braided belt, brown wedges for some of the day and black flats for the other
Hair and Makeup: Curled with bangs pinned back, usual makeup with bright blue "electric eel" MAC eyeshadow
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: My friend Marissa's Grandmother, Ruth, complimented my dress and when an older lady compliments me when wearing something vintage it just makes glow with joy.  I don't know why. Michael said I looked beautiful.  


This dress sort of reminds me of something a woman would wear to play sports in the 1950s.  It's a sporty fun little dress.  I like brown and blue a lot so I paired it with this thrifted belt and then for a party we attended wore this adorable brown wedge heels I got at a clothing swap from my friend Becky.  They hurt a bit so I only wore them for a few hours.  The rest of the day was stinky black flats for me.  

We finally did it! We moved to our master bedroom.  A few friends made fun of this week for not being up there yet.  It's been ready for weeks but we were both scared to screw it up and mess up the perfection and cleanliness.  All we really needed was a few curtains and one curtain rod to make it livable. So I woke up in the morning on Saturday and headed out to take care of some cats.  After working I went to Ikea and Target for my curtain mission.  I also purchased some new bedding because I kind of have a thing for bedding similar to my thing for dresses.  I opted for a cool comforter from Ikea with the above (and below) orange and white duvet cover.  Heart.  



I got two white with black leaf patterned curtains and one white shorter curtain for the back of the room.  My Mom gave us this sweet tea cart when I saw her last weekend.  I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for yet but it's rad: 



I got home and we worked on moving.  Getting the queen size bed up the stairs was not so much fun.  We put a gouge in the wall that Michael has since fixed.  I made our bed and our cat, Flea, immediately got in it.  Our other cat, Ipacac, was not too happy about the new room situation. I don't know what his deal is but we're working on it.  

After working a bit on our new fabulous room we headed out to the burbs for a PhD graduation party for our friend Marissa.  We hung out with friends, ate yummy foods, including a cupcake cake decorated to look like Starry Night.  I wish I had taken a picture, it ruled.  Michael and I came home and retired to our fabulous new bedroom.  We attempted switching bed sides because he wanted to, I wasn't all about it.  I think we might be switching back asap. 




1 comments:

Rachel said...

Aren't those curtains the best!!! We have them downstairs in our new house. :)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com