Wednesday, June 30, 2010

day three hundred one.



Day Three Hundred and One Saturday  6/26/10 
Dress:  Pinkish Purple Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $4.95

Accessories:  Pink flower wedges, beige hair bow
Hair and Makeup: Bangs pulled back into a hair bow, usual makeup with bright purple eyeshadow
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: My Mom liked the dress and told me I do have Alice in Wonderland hair, I think I got a few overall you look cute or dress or shoe compliments at Rica's birthday party

Saturday was crazy hectic but fun.  It was Rica's third annual 30th birthday pool party and I had a lot to do. I woke up and headed to the grocery store to get stuff to make potato salad and a cake for my father's day since I didn't get out to see my Dad on actual Father's Day.  I cooked, baked and readied a ton of stuff for Rica's big day.  Somehow we didn't leave the city until after 3 and I had a cat job to do before we left.  We also still had to go to the liquor store, beer store, Wegman's for an ice cream cake and my parent's house for a visit.  Yeesh.  The liquor store in Exton proved to me the funniest of our stops.  I was met with a overly confident hardcore gum chewing choad.  My goodness.  He must have been an Applebee's employee at some point in his life. He just gave off that vibe.  He was trying so hard to impress with me with his tequila knowledge.  It was hilarious.  He was beyond confused when I explained to him that I was making my margarita mix from scratch and then even more confused when I said they'd be of the strawberry basil variety.  No fucking joke he said to me, "You mean like oregano."  Wow! Finally we finished our traveling and made it to the party around 7.  I immediately started in on making several pitchers of margaritas and one pitcher of Basil Gin Lemonade.  All were delicious.  Michael almost immediately jumped in the pool.  I swear that man is part fish. Eventually I changed out of my party dress (yay for Super Thrift/Thrift Fair opening again!) and into my swimsuit for a dip in the hot tub.  It was a lovely day celebrating the lovely Rica and seeing friends, the margaritas didn't hurt either. 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com