Friday, June 11, 2010

day two hundred eighty-four.



Day Two Hundred Eighty-four Wednesday 6/9/10 
Dress: Multicolored Fluorescent Strapless Skirt Dress
Purchased From:  Online Swap Meet
Year or Era Purchased: 2008 
Price: $2 or $3 I can't remember 

Accessories: Black cardigan, black tights, hunter wellies 
Hair and Makeup: Double buns, usual makeup 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Jody and her dog Eno liked my dress :) 

So yeah, this is actually a skirt but if you hike it up, voila!, it becomes a dress.  It's not the best dress since the elastic isn't super strong so good thing it was cold and rainy and I wore a coat overtop of this outfit because all damn day this "dress" fell down and exposed my bra over and over again.  The coat covered it and no one was privy to the ladies so it was fine, just pretty uncomfortable.  Yay.  I got this dress via an online Swap Meet on Suicide Girls.  I'm no longer a member but it was a great way to buy and sell goods, mostly clothing and makeup.  It's sort of like ebay or craigslist but all within an online community and without auctions. It's one of the things I miss about being a member of SG. I suppose I could track down some other online communities that may be free.  Mayhaps I'll look into that.  

It was a gross, rainy day and despite my fabulous umbrella I got soaked a few times.  I attempted to stay dry but it's near impossible to carry an umbrella and walk two dogs at once.  After work I took a quick trip to the thrift store, Circle Thrift, then to the grocery store and then home.  We went to our friend's house to pick up a couch and love seat they were getting rid of but after measuring our front door and their front door we realized it would not fit.  Blargh.  We could have attempted an alley/back door entrance but I feared it wouldn't fit through the kitchen/living room entryways and that would've been a whole lot of ass pains for nothing.  So we're stuck with our gross, chewed up, sheet covered couch until we redo the living room and buy new furniture.  I want a Macy's couch! Like one of these: 




A girl can dream I guess.  After giving up on our temporary couch dreams we came home and I made us vegan beef stew- tons of vegetables (carrots, red potatoes, celery, green beans, and onions), seitan, mushroom broth and a few herbs simmered together until the veggies were tender.  I served it with buttered noodles and crusty buttered bread.  The noodles were the only non-vegan item in the mix.  Nom, nom, nom.   We stuffed our faces and snuggled on our dilapidated couch.  the end. 



1 comments:

Miss Sarah said...

Oooh... I like your couch likes.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com