Friday, June 11, 2010

day two hundred eighty-three.




Day Two Hundred Eighty-three Tuesday 6/8/10 
Dress: Black H&M Sheath Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $4.95

Accessories: super hi-top converse, brown cardigan, studded waist belt 
Hair and Makeup: Double braids, usual makeup 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Lots of shoe comments/compliments, mostly from strangers. 


This dress is a basic black sheath dress that could be used for fancy job type events with a nice jacket thrown over it.  Since I walk dogs and don't work in an office I decided to change it up a bit and make it less stingy.  I added a studded waist belt and paired it with some extra hi-top chuck taylors.  I like it but wish I'd paired it with a different cardigan or jacket, I'm not feeling the cardigan.  Oh well.  I've had those shoes for almost two years but they're not broken in yet and still look brand spankin' new.  I guess if I wore them more than five times a year that'd work itself out.  I think I love them so much I'm afraid to ruin them.  My sneaker boots have holes in the bottom of them and the one zipper just broke, blasphemy.  I'm so sad that all of my favorite shoes have been worn into the concrete so hard they're literally falling apart.  Guess it's time for some shoe shopping. 


I really need to get my ass in gear and start updating these blogs in a more timely fashion.  My brain is not strong enough to remember my daily activities after a few days, apparently.  Good stuff.  I spent the day working, I know that, and I had class, I know that.  Class was awesome and it was my second writing workshop.  It went really well and again I'm grateful for all of the suggestions and ideas.  I need to work on it lots this weekend since I have to hand in my third draft in one week.  Yikes! This class will be over in less than a month, crazy.  


After school I came home and made breakfast for dinner: BRINNER! Pancakes, cheesy eggs, veggie bacon and hash browns.  Ok, yeah, I think I got it all. Oh wait no, job blurb, I saw one of my clients completely naked.  Yeah, I guess I tried to block that shit right on out of my brain.  Same lady I've seen topless three times prior and she's 70.  Yup.  The perks of being a dog walker! 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com