Tuesday, June 15, 2010

day two hundred eighty-nine.






Day Two Hundred Eighty-nine Monday  6/14/10 
Dress: Liberty of London Floral Chemise
Purchased From:  Target
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $12.58

Accessories: Black flats, at times but not pictured, a light green cardigan
Hair and Makeup: Three low bun twists with some front tendrils that did not so much photograph well, usual makeup with some pink frosty eyeshadow that I thought better of after applying but was too lazy to do over. 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Michael was a big fan of this dress, a guy that works at a building I go to daily said I should be a spy because I always look different.  I'd be a terrible spy. 


This dress is an example of a dress I loved but then hated every single photograph I attempted in it.  Such is life.  I also should have removed my giant sunglasses and the one picture I did my hair was a hot mess of flyaways.  Oh well, I felt cute so whatevs.  I got this gem from the clearance rack at Target on Friday.  It's not an actual dress I guess sine it's marked "chemise" on the tag, a fancy way of saying slip or undergarment.  I wore a slip underneath of it, see it peeking out unbeknownst to me, to prove I have a shred of modesty.  I was a really big fan of most of the Liberty of London products at target, especially the dresses, but not many of them came through once in the dressing room- ill fitting indeed. 

Monday was good, it was hot but I tolerated it, mostly because this dress is nice and cool.  I spent the day working, stealing a few moments in a park doing homework and then went to class.  We're still on poetry and we discussed meter, something I'm not very fond of but I still gave it my full attention and might appreciate it a fraction more than the day before.  

I came home and made ravioli, salads and sautéed mushrooms.  Yum.  We watched some television and I forced Michael and Steve (ok, Steve was a willing participant) to watch half an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras.  What a hot mess of a show.  I was specifically obsessed with this mini Fairuza Balk demon child, enjoy: 




0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com