Wednesday, June 2, 2010

day two hundred seventy-five.




Day Two Hundred Seventy-five Monday 5/31/10 
Dress: Green Striped Strapless Sun Dress. Say that three times fast. 
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $4.95

Accessories: Green belt, green shoes, red cat barrette 
Hair and Makeup: dirty, rag curls pinned up on top of my head with swooped and pinned bangs, usual makeup with teal eyeliner
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Michael said, "nice boob window" A few dress compliments, a compliment on the belt/shoe/dress combo. 

So here's the deal with the dress.  I like it better in photographs but in real life that boob window is a bit infuriating.  If I look down I just see weird cleavage.  I realize not many other people see this angle but it's unnerving to me.  I tried on this dress over clothes because that's what you have to do at Thrift Fair so I didn't fully realize the boob window until I tried it on at home.  The dress is actually much longer and more awkward than pictured as well.  The dress has stitching right at the hips so if you're not stick thin and have even the tiniest gut it basically frames it out for all the world to see, no good.  So I hiked it up, folded it over and threw on a belt to mask the extra fabric.  I think it worked nicely.  I also paired it with my green flats because, duh. 

I spent the morning being cranky- most likely the heat and the fact that I let my hunger wait until the very last minute.  Finally after cleaning up the kitchen and lots of other dilly dallying I went to the grocery store and came home and made us sandwiches.  I may or may not have thrown a mini fit because I thought we had more veggie bacon than we did and didn't buy any at the store and wanted veggie BLT hoagies, but I digress.  We ate, caught up on Community, a show I enjoy just a tad more now that I attend community college, and sweated it out on the couch.  

Michael worked on cleaning our guest bedroom/my closet/my clothing wasteland and we put our old Full bed in there.  Soon I promise I will crazy clean it and it will look beautiful.  I hope. 

We were invited to attend a bbq at our friend Kristin's to attend so I made truffled potato salad and garlic herb butter for corn on the cob.  Mike, the two Steves and I headed over for some Memorial Day fun times.  For the two Steves this means putting a puzzle together.  Dorks.  We had a lovely time and I ate and ate and ate- such good food! Kristin made black bean burgers from scratch, someone brought seitan and there were pita chips galore.  Once my tummy was wicked full I headed home to do some homework, well a lot of homework.  I had two stories in Nine Stories to read and three fellow student's writings to read and comment on as well as a dialogue piece I had to create. Yikes! I spent a good hour in the bathtub soaking in cool aveeno laced bath water reading J.D.Salinger.  It was goddam glorious. 


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com