Tuesday, July 6, 2010

day three hundred and six.



Day Three Hundred Six Thursday  7/1/10 
Dress:  Green, Yellow,Orange Floral/Paisley Print
Purchased From:  Circle Thrift Clothing Swap
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: $FREE

Accessories:  Black flats, black cotton belt, giant sunglasses, mah jong bracelet
Hair and Makeup: two little pig tails and the rest down and curled, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Someone asked if the dress was Asian inspired but now I can't remember the context or person.  A stranger said "Miss, that is a gorgeous dress."

I was absolutely running on delirium and caffeine on Thursday. I finished my final project, unhappy with the results, around 5am.  I think I went to sleep around 5:30 and then was up at 10am to follow Michael to Spare Parts to drop off his bike and then take him to work.  After I came  home and slugged a giant iced coffee I got to work on morning revisions of my story.  Still not satisfied with all of it I organized it and put it into the portfolio bag I made of an old army surplus bag.  I designed a book cover and ironed it onto some fabric, cut it out and sewed it to the front of the bag, patch style.  I was very happy with the result.  I got dressed and since the weather was goddamn glorious I wore a longer sleeved dress. This gem was scored for free at the Circle Thrift clothing swap.  Word.  I slapped on some makeup and forced myself out the door to work.  I worked all day and then headed to school for my last class of the semester, bittersweet.  It was a lovely class and after a bunch of us went to have drinks at the Kite and Key on Callowhill. I came home to find a kitchen full of boys- Steve, Steve, John and Michael.  It was a lovely, super fun evening.  I cooked leftover pasta and vegetables and Michael and I ate it while the other boys ate pizza.  Later I made hot fudge sundaes for everyone.  I finally went to bed around 1am, completely exhausted and super happy. 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com