Wednesday, July 28, 2010

day three hundred hundred twenty-eight.



Day Three Hundred Twenty-eight  Friday  7/23/10
Dress:  Floral and Black Kimono style dress
Purchased From:  MOLLY DELANEY
Year or Era Purchased: Spring 2010
Price: FREE

Accessories:  black flats
Hair and Makeup:  Pulled back into a low bun, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Michael, and I think a few more people but I can't remember. Sorry. 

I love this dress.  Molly gave it to me with instructions to wash it since it was starched into an uncomfortable hardness  Once the starch was removed it became a very comfortable and quite adorable dress.  I wore it a bit off the shoulders since the boobage area was a little short fabric wise.  I'm not sure if this was the actual intent of the dress but I liked it this way.  It was beyond hot on Friday so I was happy to wear something so flowy.  

I spent my day working and then stupidly thought it would be best to grill because of the heat.  Nope.  It sucked ass to grill and made me sweat like a glass of ice water in the sun.  I put the marinated seitan, corn on the cob, and asparagus on the grill and headed into the house to cool off.  When I went to check the grill goodies I found that our tank of propane had finally kicked. Blargh.  I ran to the store and exchanged it and got back to business.  I also threw a baguette on the grill to warm it and served the food with some lime herb butter, tzatziki sauce.  It was all quite yummy.  I made myself a strawberry margarita with homemade strawberry simple syrup and fresh pureed strawberries. It was the best possible accompaniment to a grilled dinner on a hot summer night.  I wish I'd taken pictures. Oh well.  I spent the rest of the night hanging out with the two Steves and Michael.  We ate, drank and watched episodes of Louie while Michael worked on building a sail for our upcoming canoeing trip.  

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com