Monday, July 19, 2010

day three hundred nineteen.




Day Three Hundred Nineteen Wednesday  7/14/10
Dress:  Navy Blue and white striped Dress
Purchased From:  Thrift Fair
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $3.95

Accessories:  Hunter Wellies
Hair and Makeup:  Down and curled but then it poured rain on me so it was up in a bun, usual makeup with some navy blue eyeshadow in the crease. 
Comments/Compliments/Complaints:  Michael liked the dress, someone meowed and said hey beautiful or something while they were driving by. What's with the meowing dudes? 

I like this dress despite it's boob factor.  I safety pinned it to my bra so it would stop falling down and that sort of worked.  I definitely dig the stripes and the cut.  It's a forever 21 dress, thrifted for maximum savings. 

Ugh.  I stupidly did not prepare myself for the rain on Wednesday.  I did wear my wellies but did not bring my umbrella, a rain coat or a hat.  I guess I got a little cocky.  Dumb.  Even dumber is the fact that I spent time curling my hair.  I ended up walking in the pouring rain for about two solid hours.   Everything about me was soaked.  It finally stopped and I dried out a bit.  I had stopped by the 25th and Spruce Street Wednesday farmer's market and grabbed a bunch of lovely stuff so when I came home from work I immediately starting cooking.  I made seitan with a red wine, shitake and cremini mushroom sauce, horse radish cheddar mashed potatoes and a spring mix salad.  Yum. It was served with sourdough bread, also procured from the market.  After dinner we headed to North Bowl and bowled with our friends, John and Dana.  I did pretty terribly but managed to beat Michael in the first game.  Consistency is not my friend when it comes to bowling.  

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com