Thursday, August 26, 2010

day three hundred hundred fifty-nine.



Day Three Hundred Fifty-nine Monday 8/23/10
Dress:  White with Black and Red circle Vintage Dress 
Purchased From:  Circle Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $2.50 (color of the week half off)
Accessories:  Red knee socks, black flats and then later I changed into my Hunter Wellies, one white butterfly barrette
Hair and Makeup: Down and curled and those bitches fell out quick, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael liked the dress/whole ensemble, a few other compliments I think. I can't remember. 

I love this dress! Imagine my excitement when I picked it up off the rack and saw that the tag color matched that of the half-off color of the week at Circle Thrift.  I was even more excited when I tried it on and it fit quite nicely.  I guess I should stop buying dresses at this point but they're like my crack.  I need to organize and bag a boatload of clothing.  My friend Rica just told me about a giant clothing swap in the Naval Yard in October so I'm going to have to get my stuff in order for maximum swappage.  This one sounds amazing with Buffalo Exchange and Urban Outfitters participating.  I can't wait! 

Monday was stupid humid.  I curled my hair and even used hair spray but it was nasty and ratty within an hour.  Good thing I took my pic for the day pretty early on! I didn't realize they were calling for rain so I wore flats but came home mid-day to change into my wellies and work on school work a bit.   I spent the day working, did some work on my final project for school and then headed to class.  Ugh, another day where we didn't do what she had planned.  It was supposed to be a final workshop but we were only to bring an excerpt of our story and all of us would read it and then discuss.  This didn't make much sense to me as reading aloud and only an excerpt does not a workshop make, but, at least it was going to be something.  Wrong! She let three people read their entire piece and then we were out of time.  I so didn't get any constructive criticism out of this class and I discovered in my last class that I kind of thrive on it and it's a huge freaking help.  We were also told that we had no actual class Tuesday or Thursday- that we could just drop off the final portfolio on Tuesday and pick it up Thursday.  So I totally got robbed of an entire week of class since she had cancelled the previous Thursday class.  I am such a nerd, but seriously, that's like two weeks of a regular semester.  I left school annoyed, came home and said Bye to Michael as he and some boys were watching motorcycle something or other- isle of man is that something? Yeah, let's go with that, at 700.  That left me to make myself some pasta with mushroom alfredo sauce and watch dvr'd episodes of Jersey Shore and Top Chef before spending the next four hours putting my final portfolio together.  I guess it was a pretty good night actually. 


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com