Sunday, August 8, 2010

day three hundred hundred forty-two.

Me and Charlie, he's misunderstood. 


Day Three Hundred Forty-two Friday 8/6/10
Dress:  Navy Blue with White Piping Express Waitress Dress
Purchased From: Super Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $7.95
Accessories:  Green flats, 
Hair and Makeup:  Down, clean and dried naturally, no makeup for the first part of the day, usual makeup heavy on the eyeballs later in the day
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: A girl at the clothing swap made a coffee joke but I think she thought I was trying on an outfit and not wearing what I wore there.  D'oh. Michael loved the dress, a few shoe compliments, Becky said I'm like a paper doll and you can dress me up in anything- I liked that. A woman in an elevator said she liked that my dress matched the dog I was walking, weird...

I really love this dress, it was a great thrift store find.  I was running late on Friday (surprise, surprise) so I just let my hair dry naturally and didn't wear any make up for the first half of the day.  I felt weird and naked but since I'm a little tan and wore giant sunglasses for a large chunk of the day I didn't feel completely gross in the face area. 

Friday was chock full of fun stuff.  I spent the day working, made a quick trip to Whole Foods and the liquor store, came home and made some veggie turkey and vegan cream cheese tortilla roll-ups and headed to a clothing swap at my friend Mishel's house.  I brought two giant bags of stuff and left with one.  I scored several dresses, two tube tops, a pair of cowboy boots and some brown knee high boots, as well as many other awesome items of clothing, two purses, and a pink sequined scarf.  Clearly my priorities are in order.  I always feel guilty going to clothing swaps because I am such a clothes horse. While people are socializing I am stocking up on the goods.  

After the swap I headed home and Michael and I went to Kraftwork for a late dinner and some beers. I had a flight that included two stouts, a cider and a witbier.  Good stuff. I also got their special grilled veggie pizza with parmesan cream.  It was beyond amazing.  I originally ordered this gnocchi special but it was sold out so I ordered the pizza and got the last one. Score.  The food gods were clearly watching out for me.  I went to sleep pretty quickly after we got home. Beer makes me sleepy.  


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com