Wednesday, August 4, 2010

day three hundred hundred thirty-six.







Yup, I wear makeup even in the woods. 


Day Three Hundred Thirty-six Saturday 7/31/10
Dress:  Black Dickies Overall Dress
Purchased From:  Super Thrift
Year or Era Purchased: Summer 2010
Price: $3.95
Accessories:  White kerchief in my hair, black and white knee socks, black boots, green tank top, black hoodie
Hair and Makeup:  Two buns and a kerchief, usual makeup
Comments/Compliments/Complaints: Michael liked the dress, I think someone else too but I can't remember

Blargh.  I woke up early and starting getting ready. I made coffee and bagels for breakfast and packed sandwiches for Michael, Steve and I.  We packed up and left to meet up with two more canoers at Bushkill or something like that.  We were all very, very sad to realize that the bathrooms at this location were indeed locked.  No good, a lot of us had waited to use a real bathroom instead of the woods.  Oh bother. Morgan brought us ice so we dispersed it among the coolers and headed back out on the river. We barged up a bit and had lunch and I drank disgusting boxed margarita.  It tasted like bug spray but I drank it anyway.  









At some point the two Steves, Michael and I pulled off and everyone but Steve went into the woods to be one with nature (read: poop in the woods).  My attempt was unsuccessful as my body is so not into that sort of thing. Blargh. We did lots more canoeing and drinking and had a lovely time despite the stupid sunshine that was smashing into our skin and eyeballs all day long.  Finally we arrived at our campsite and it was a million times better and had no poison ivy.  Score.  






My body finally decided to let me poop in the woods for the first time in my life.  I wasn't super excited about the whole process but at least I can scratch that off of my list of things to do before I die.  Not really, it wasn't on there. Gross. I did see a deer walk by as I was pooping so it was sort of a magical experience.  Beat that.  If you are ever forced to do this, poop in the woods I mean, not see a deer, I highly suggest you employ my technique of finding a downed tree and using it as your sitting apparatus.  Worked for me.  Enough poop talk.  Michael and Orsborn finally arrived at our site since their crazy bamboo outrigger caught miles and miles of sea grass and slowed them down.  














They set up camp and we all hung out a bit, some swam, some collected muscles, lots of drinking occurred and I made dinner of tomato soup and grilled cheese and bacon.  Yummy. We burned some bamboo, which explodes in fire if you didn't know, it's kind of insane.  



Lots of people were way drunker than me and the sun kicked my ass so I was in bed by 11.  I woke up later to a Weezer singalong.  It was absolutely amazing. Next year I will have to be sure to stay awake long enough to hang out with people.  Such a nerd I am.  I probably should've worn my life jacket to bed. 

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com